1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 25, 2010 3:45 PM by nbelaevski

no dynamic column width in a extendeddatatable ?

Hello,

I am trying many ways to dynamic configure the with in a extendeddatatable with no success.

Originally I had the width setted in the rich:column component but then I am including the table in different rich:tab within a tabPanel and also adding or taking out columns according to the tab.

For that I need to configure the width of the columns dynamically according to the content.

I used an attribute of the backing bean like

<rich:extendedDataTable value="#{outagesXtndTbl.outagesDataModel}" var="out" id="bmc_table" width="560px"
         height="400px" sortMode="#{outagesXtndTbl.sortMode}" selectionMode="#{outagesXtndTbl.selectionMode}"
         tableState="#{outagesXtndTbl.tableState}" selection="#{outagesXtndTbl.selection}"  columnsWidth="#{outagesXtndTbl.colWidths}"
         rowKeyVar="rkvar">

but this is not changing. I even test it displaying the value of #{outagesXtndTbl.colWidths} in a column and I can see the expected value (the width I need) but the width doesn't change.

inspecting the table with FireBug, I see that the width of the columns are set within a column group:

<colgroup id="j_id12:xySubView:bmc_table:colgroup:header">

<col width="20"/>

<col width="120"/>

<col width="220"/>

Do I have to define a columnGroup to dynamically modify those?

Thanks