The XML fragments on node and page are correct. Make sure that no outer XML tag ( i mean the <page-node> <page-set> ) is missed
There is no problem with my outer xml tag.
This is the way to reproduce this bug
- add a new node in navigation.xml and a new page in pages.xml like this...
- start the server
- the node appears but the link doesn't work
- edit the node, the target page is already well configured
- save and go back to the home page, the link now works
I've just tried with the latest trunk build. It works well with Tomcat. Could you try the CR release with Tomcat?
I have exactly the same issue.
I use jboss-gatein-RC1 with hsql database.
Steps to reproduce:
- 1 add a node to the navigation.xml (in portal::classic for example):
- 2 declare the page in the pages.xml
When I load the portal, I can see the navigation element, but when I click on it, unable to display the page.
Via the edit navigation portlet, you can edit the node, edit & see the testpage.
When you manually reassociate the node to the page, the page is diplay in the portal.
can I open a Jira on it?
Yeah, please open a Jira.
That won't go into the final release though, but probably for the release after
this is not a bug, its a configuration issue.
+Warning+: For top nodes, the uri and the name of your navigation nodes must have the same value. For the other nodes the uri is composed like <uri>contentmanagement/fileexplorer</uri> where 'contentmanagement' is the name of the parent node and 'fileexplorer' the name of the node (<name>fileexplorer</name>).
Change your uri/name values and it should work
It works, node name & node uri should be the same in navigation.xml.
Thanks for the tips.