5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2010 12:48 PM by alesj

Is it possible to restrict access to jboss 5 kernel/controller ?

Is it possible to configure JBoss 5.0 to block access to the microcontiner/kernel?
        • 1. Re: Is it possible to restrict access to jboss 5 kernel/controller ?
          alesj

Is it possible to configure JBoss 5.0 to block access to the microcontiner/kernel?

Block how?

• 2. Re: Is it possible to restrict access to jboss 5 kernel/controller ?

I don't know how and I don't if my question is reasonable. I have a code that catches a handle of the kernel to reads some data.  I just wanted to be sure that my code will always run and with any configuration of JBoss 5 regardless of specific configurations.

and BTW - I also wanted to ask about changes to Java 2 Security / J2EE security in JBoss 5  ( things which are different from JBoss 4) - a link will be good.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Is it possible to restrict access to jboss 5 kernel/controller ?
              alesj

I don't know how and I don't if my question is reasonable. I have a code that catches a handle of the kernel to reads some data.  I just wanted to be sure that my code will always run and with any configuration of JBoss 5 regardless of specific configurations.

I still don't understand what you mean.

and BTW - I also wanted to ask about changes to Java 2 Security / J2EE security in JBoss 5  ( things which are different from JBoss 4) - a link will be good.

Ask on the Security forum.

And btw, you're posting things to the wrong form anyway, this is dev forum, not user forum. ;-)

• 4. Re: Is it possible to restrict access to jboss 5 kernel/controller ?

I will try to elaborate the question, or to simplify it:

I have a web application that catches handle of the microcontainer kernel through a servlet (the same your servlet example). I use the kernel to get some information.

My question is the kernel will be always available to web applications regardless of server configurations? can I be sure that my code will always run on any jboss?

• 5. Re: Is it possible to restrict access to jboss 5 kernel/controller ?
                  alesj

My question is the kernel will be always available to web applications regardless of server configurations? can I be sure that my code will always run on any jboss?

Yes, at least for the 5+ versions and until we rewrite the AS kernel again :-))