3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2009 7:07 AM by Nick Belaevski

    Problem with deployment...

    Wojciech Ciesielski Newbie

      Hi there,

      I don't know where should I post it, as the problem is possibly related to one of:
      * JBoss 4.0.5GA
      * Richfaces
      * Maven

      ... as most of symptoms are visible in Richfaces-related matters I am starting here, but will cross-post it on JBoss AS and Maven forums.

      The problem is:

      I have a web application which is to be deployed on a JBoss 4.0.5GA. I was developing it using web-related features of Eclipse (MyEclipse edition, to be specific), with exploded deployment used on local machine during development. Everything was working ok. Problems started when I tried to deploy WAR built with maven... Application is starting, but AJAX-related features of Richfaces are not working: after submitting a4j:form blank pages are being rendered without any error message, reRender-related features are not working on AJAXified pages etc...

      The strange thing is, that my application is working correctly in two situations:

      * when it is deployed by Eclipse as an exploded archive
      * when such an exploded archive is manually packed into a .war file by me and deployed.

      but is NOT working, when maven creates an archive...

      I've made sure compiler is set to source and target version of 1.5 in both Eclipse and maven configuration. I've tried to compare created archives and there are only two differences:

      * when eclipse is setting up a deployment folder, it puts compiled resources of my project's sub-modules directly into WEB-INF/classes folder. When maven is building an archive separate .jar files for each module are created and put in WEB-INF/lib folder. One of those sub-modules is containg common JSF files (taglibs, some converters defined within a sub-module's faces-config.xml etc).
      * compiled .class files differ by a slight margin (like 4450 bytes vs 4467 bytes) in size.

      All library jars in the WEB-INF/lib folder are the same in both cases....

      I'm astonished by this situation. What's more unfortunate is that I have absolutely no idea how to chase this problem further... Any ideas would be highly appreciated...

      here comes full list of my library JARs:
      activation-1.0.2.jar
      antlr-2.7.6.jar
      asm-1.5.3.jar
      batik-awt-util-1.6-1.jar
      batik-ext-1.6-1.jar
      batik-gui-util-1.6-1.jar
      batik-util-1.6-1.jar
      cglib-2.1_3.jar
      commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
      commons-beanutils-core-1.7.0.jar
      commons-cli-1.1.jar
      commons-codec-1.3.jar
      commons-collections-3.2.jar
      commons-dbcp-1.2.2.jar
      commons-digester-1.6.jar
      commons-el-1.0.jar
      commons-fileupload-1.2.1.jar
      commons-io-1.3.2.jar
      commons-lang-2.3.jar
      commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
      commons-pool-1.3.jar
      commons-validator-1.3.1.jar
      dom4j-1.6.1.jar
      ejb3-persistence-1.0.2.GA.jar
      el-api-1.0.jar
      el-ri-1.2.jar
      geronimo-j2ee_1.4_spec-1.0.jar
      hibernate-annotations-3.4.0.GA.jar
      hibernate-commons-annotations-3.1.0.GA.jar
      hibernate-core-3.3.1.GA.jar
      itext-1.4.8.jar
      java-core-2.4.1.jar
      javassist-3.8.0.GA.jar
      jaxb-api-2.1.jar
      jaxb-impl-2.1.9.jar
      jaxws-api-2.1.jar
      jaxws-rt-2.1.5.jar
      jsf-api-1.1_02.jar
      jsf-facelets-1.1.14.jar
      jsf-impl-1.1_02.jar
      jsr181-api-1.0-MR1.jar
      jsr250-api-1.0.jar
      jstl-1.1.0.jar
      jta-1.1.jar
      junit-4.4.jar
      jyaml-1.3.jar
      log4j-1.2.14.jar
      mimepull-1.3.jar
      mysql-connector-java-5.0.5.jar
      ojdbc-10.2.0.4.jar
      oro-2.0.8.jar
      p4pl-core-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
      p4pl-core-ws-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
      p4pl-www-commons-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
      resolver-20050927.jar
      richfaces-api-3.1.6.GA.jar
      richfaces-impl-3.1.6.GA.jar
      richfaces-ui-3.1.6.GA.jar
      saaj-api-1.3-SNAPSHOT.jar
      saaj-impl-1.3-SNAPSHOT.jar
      saaj-impl-1.3.2.jar
      slf4j-api-1.5.6.jar
      slf4j-log4j12-1.5.6.jar
      spring-2.5.6.jar
      spring-test-2.5.6.jar
      stax-api-1.0.jar
      stax-ex-1.2.jar
      streambuffer-0.8.jar
      tomahawk-1.1.8.jar
      utils-1.07.jar
      wstx-asl-3.2.3.jar
      xercesImpl-2.8.1.jar
      xml-apis-1.3.03.jar
      xmlParserAPIs-2.0.2.jar