4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2010 2:58 AM by kdhr83

Does JBoss support WMLScript?

Maybe this is a rarely encountered problem, but do need clarification from insiders of JBoss.

I configured JBoss to support WML and WMLScript, and everything went well with simple WML pages, that is, pages of mime-type "text/vnd.wap.wml" are well rendered on several, if not all, browsers. But if I use WMLScript in WML pages, the WMLScript links cant be referenced, "format not supported" on BlackBerry 9550 and "The script in this page needs a WAP gateway, please make sure you have specified the WAP Gateway in the connection settings"-like on Windows Mobile Internet Explorer.

Does that means JBoss needs to cowork with another WAP gateway, like kannel, to fully support WML and WMLScript? or I made some mistake in configuration?

Really appreciate any guidance and/or experience. Kindest regards, Nessus.    

• 1. Re: Does JBoss support WMLScript?
          jbossq

Please check if wmlscript support is added to the global web.xml in your jboss instance:

<mime-mapping>
                  <extension>wmls</extension>
                  <mime-type>text/vnd.wap.wmlscript</mime-type>
          </mime-mapping>
          • 2. Re: Does JBoss support WMLScript?

Thank you for the responsive reply. Would you show me your live example or code snippet? How I hope JBoss can support WML/WMLScript fully fledged.

Yes, I did configure it in $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/jbossweb.sar/web.xml, and actually the JBoss' default settings are as follows:

<mime-mapping>
                    <!-- Wireless Bitmap -->
                    <extension>wbmp</extension>
                    <mime-type>image/vnd.wap.wbmp</mime-type>
                </mime-mapping>
                <mime-mapping>
                    <!-- WML Source -->
                    <extension>wml</extension>
                    <mime-type>text/vnd.wap.wml</mime-type>
                </mime-mapping>
                <mime-mapping>
                    <!-- Compiled WML -->
                    <extension>wmlc</extension>
                    <mime-type>application/vnd.wap.wmlc</mime-type>
                </mime-mapping>
                <mime-mapping>
                    <!-- WML Script Source -->
                    <extension>wmls</extension>
                    <mime-type>text/vnd.wap.wmlscript</mime-type>
                </mime-mapping>
                <mime-mapping>
                    <!-- Compiled WML Script -->
                    <extension>wmlscriptc</extension>
                    <mime-type>application/vnd.wap.wmlscriptc</mime-type>
                </mime-mapping>

• 3. Re: Does JBoss support WMLScript?

Anybody help clarify this trivial but critical question?

I also tried on Nokia XpressMusic, and the phone prompted to me a dialog whether to save the wmls file or not.

Does that mean it's the browser, not the app/proxy server, that doesnt support WMLScript? If so, please tell me which brand/model/type supports WMLScript?

Or, WMLScript is just a specification, not implemented and hence supported by any devices at all?    

• 4. Re: Does JBoss support WMLScript?

I know maybe it's a problem with the browser-side support of WAP/WMLScript, so I just also wrote an email to OMA for detailed information.

Post it here just to be helped by someone who happened to have some developing/configuring experince with such subject.

Kindest regards, Nessus.