1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 4, 2010 7:52 PM by Byron Hawkins

Why do my bean method invocations hang at the server without executing any of the bean code?

Byron Hawkins Newbie

Hi all,

I'm having problems with bean method invocations when I run JBoss on Windows in a DOS prompt. Here's what I do:

1. Start the server with run.bat

2. Connect clients to a pair of stateful session beans and repeatedly execute some trivial bean methods

After a few bean methods are executed successfully, the invocations start to hang. Once the hang begins, all attempts to execute any bean methods will hang. The strange thing is that when I press "ctrl-c" in the DOS prompt, I see one SocketException for each hung method invocation--and this not only releases the hung clients, but clears the hang altogether so that clients can once again execute bean methods. Of course, it is only a matter of minutes before invocations start to hang again, and I have to press "ctrl-c" again to release the stuck callers.

It seems like this must be some kind of ultra-newbie problem. When I run JBoss inside of Eclipse this problem never occurs. Can someone please help me understand what is happening here? Thanks for your help.

Byron