New to Gatein.
I have studied the user guide and reference guide and looked through the forums. And am trying out various steps in the reference guide.
With the help of it, I could install a new skin of my own : a modified version of the sample skin at http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/gatein/portal/tags/3.1.0-GA/examples/
Here are a few questions I have.
1) The Reference Guide assumes that assumes that you have downloaded and installed the gatein package ( jboss / tomcat with Gatein bundled).
Then you go change files inside this installation, such as (
But I have not yet found a guide or documentation on deploying Gatein (or a customized version of it) into an existing App Server. That would be a common deployment scenario for my project. Is there any documentation, guidelines for achieving this?
2) Continuing with deployment into App Servers, I think that Gatein will not curretly run on Websphere/Weblogic ( http://community.jboss.org/thread/146072 ). Is Websphere/Weblogic support in the roadmap? Also, would GateIn team be able to help a customer with the wci layer for Websphere/Weblogic in an OEM scenario?
3) Development model: I'm looking at leveraging Gatein's features (skins, themes, page-layout composer, user management, bidi support) to build a custom portal. I would want to provide my own default custom skin,custom home page layout etc. I understand this is all possible. So I'm looking for best practices or guidelines on what my development process would be. I am looking for guidelines on things like
a) Start with Gatein sources [easy]
2) b) Add modules for customization; write code
3) c) Build : Create ear/war for my custom portal
4) d) Deploy; debug-test
5) e) Go back to step 2.
Finally, packaging for shipment.
Any shared experience or pointers to guides/docs is welcome.
T Thanks in advance!