2 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2009 7:17 AM by ilya_shaikovsky

problem with rich:tree in ie 7 with richfaces 3.3.0 and 3.3.

josafassj

Hi everybody,

I'm creating a page with rich:tree component.
      The page is working perfectly with mozilla 3 but when I try to view the page in IE 7 I get a error message of the script debbuger that says:
      Error in line 10, the error is 'elements' is null or is not an object.
      whe I go to debug the debbuger shows a javascript and highlight the text: "var field=form.elements[fields]" in line 10.

My code is:
      <rich:tree id="treeModelo" style="width:200px" value="#{modeloTreeBean.treeNode}" nodeFace="#{item.tipo}"
      var="item" switchType="ajax" nodeSelectListener="#{modeloTreeBean.processSelection}"
      ajaxSubmitSelection="true" ajaxKeys="#{null}" reRender="treeModelo">
      <rich:treeNode type="ap" iconLeaf="/images/icons/document.png" icon="/images/icons/document.png" >
      <h:outputText value="#{item.nome}" />
      </rich:treeNode>
      <rich:treeNode type="m" iconLeaf="/images/icons/document.png" icon="/images/icons/document.png" >
      <rich:treeNode type="p" iconLeaf="/images/icons/document.png" icon="/images/icons/document.png" >
      </rich:tree>

• 1. Re: problem with rich:tree in ie 7 with richfaces 3.3.0 and
          josafassj

"josafassj" wrote:
          Hi everybody,

I'm creating a page with rich:tree component.
          The page is working perfectly with mozilla 3. In IE 7 the tree is show and I can expand and colapse, but when I try to select any node I get an error message of the script debbuger. The first node clicke is processed by the nodeSelectionListener but then the tree don't works anymore.
          The error is in line 10 and the message is: error: 'elements' is null or is not an object.
          whe I go to debug the debbuger shows a javascript and highlight the text: "var field=form.elements[fields]" in line 10.

My code is:
          <rich:tree id="treeModelo" style="width:200px" value="#{modeloTreeBean.treeNode}" nodeFace="#{item.tipo}"
          var="item" switchType="ajax" nodeSelectListener="#{modeloTreeBean.processSelection}"
          ajaxSubmitSelection="true" ajaxKeys="#{null}" reRender="treeModelo">
          <rich:treeNode type="ap" iconLeaf="/images/icons/document.png" icon="/images/icons/document.png" >
          <rich:treeNode type="m" iconLeaf="/images/icons/document.png" icon="/images/icons/document.png" >
          <rich:treeNode type="p" iconLeaf="/images/icons/document.png" icon="/images/icons/document.png" >
          </rich:tree>

• 2. Re: problem with rich:tree in ie 7 with richfaces 3.3.0 and
            ilya_shaikovsky

which RF version is used.