0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2010 2:41 PM by rjcarr316

Custom Context File for Web Application

rjcarr316

I'm looking to set the property 'allowLinking' for my web application.  The application is deployed by putting the war file into the 'deploy' folder.

The war file contains a context.xml file in the META-INF folder with the allowLinking change I'm interested in using.  If I deploy the web app in stand-alone tomcat (version 6) then everything works fine.  The war is unpacked and the custom context file goes into $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/web-app-name.xml.

However, when I deploy the webapp in jboss (version 4 right now, will be moving to 5 soon), the web app deploys, but linking isn't allowed.  Where does this context file get copied to (i.e., what is the equivalent of $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost for jboss)?

The only way I can get it to work is to modify the global context.xml file located at $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/jboss-web.deployer.  By changing the allowLinking there everything works fine.  Otherwise, I get a 404.

How do I change this setting just for the web application?  Why isn't the context.xml file in the war package being picked up?