9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2011 5:51 AM by antoine_h

How to install Exo WCM in GateIn

mariboudhi

Hi all,

I'm new b in GateIn. I would like to insall EXO WCM in GateIn to edit my pages contents. Please could you give me links or docs that can help me to do it ?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: How to install Exo WCM in GateIn
          rraposa

You can download GateIn + eXo WCM + Tomcat here:

http://wiki.exoplatform.com/xwiki/bin/view/WCM/

You can download JBoss Enterprise Portal Platform (~GateIn) + Site Publisher (~eXo WCM) + JBoss EAP by logging in to your Red Hat Network account, selecting the Portal Platform Version 5.0.0, and downloading the "JBoss EPP eXo WCM 5.0.0 Technical Preview".

The installation guides will step you through installing either.

• 2. Re: How to install Exo WCM in GateIn
            mariboudhi

Hi Rich Raposa,

Thanks for your reply. I'm goint to test your link. I will be back.

Thanks

• 3. Re: How to install Exo WCM in GateIn
              davidhsv

By what method can I deploy WCM in a GateIn with JBoss AS (Community  Version)?  Should I build from source anywhere?

Thanks in advance.

• 4. Re: How to install Exo WCM in GateIn
                rraposa

Yes, you have to build it from source yourself. There are some nice instructions here:

http://forum.exoplatform.com/portal/public/classic/forum/topic/topic895e1a627f00000110e38a0f845f5773

• 5. Re: How to install Exo WCM in GateIn
                  erdem_ustun

hi rich raposa;

given link is explained about  wcm on jboss.

do you have any knowledge  which   how integrate wcm and gatein 3.1.

• 6. Re: How to install Exo WCM in GateIn
                    rraposa

I think David was asking about GateIn + WCM + JBossAS Community Version, and the instructions on that link show how to build it from the source using Maven.

As far as my understanding goes, WCM doesn't make sense without GateIn, so "wcm on jboss" implies GateIn as well. If you want "WCM on Tomcat" then go here: http://wiki.exoplatform.com/xwiki/bin/view/WCM/

• 7. Re: How to install Exo WCM in GateIn
                      davidhsv

You are correct Ric. I was asking about GateIn + WCM + JBossAS Community...

I followed the instruction in the link, and I'm having trouble trying to run the server GateIn 3.0 with the 2 .ear (gatein-wcm-extension-2.1.0-GA.ear,  gatein-ecmdemo-portal-2.1.0-GA.ear, built with kaare's instructions):

11:20:28,685 ERROR [RootContainer] Cannot create  the portal  container 'ecmdemo' . ServletContext: org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationCon[CODE]textFacade@a3e27e
                      java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot instantiate component key=org.exoplatform.services.cms.templates.TemplateS[/CODE]ervice  type=org.exoplatform.services.cms.templates.impl.TemplateServiceImpl  found at jndi:/localhost/ecm-wcm-extension/WEB-INF/conf/configuration.xml
                      at org.exoplatform.container.jmx.MX4JComponentAdapter.getComponentInstance(MX4JComponentAdapter.java:113)
                      at org.exoplatform.container.management.ManageableComponentAdapter.getComponentInstance(ManageableComponentAdapter.java:68)
                      at org.picocontainer.defaults.DefaultPicoContainer.getInstance(DefaultPicoContainer.java:322)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot instantiate component key=org.exoplatform.groovyscript.text.TemplateService  type=org.exoplatform.groovyscript.text.TemplateService  found  at jndi:/localhost/portal/WEB-INF/conf/configuration.xml

Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Cannot resolve constructor for class org.exoplatform.groovyscript.text.TemplateService

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/exoplatform/commons/cache/future/Loader

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.exoplatform.commons.cache.future.Loader from BaseClassLoader@1f3fdce....

I'm having another problem trying to run the server GateIn 3.1 with the 2 .ear Like Kaare's problem(increasing the memory do not help...), I get stuck with 100% processor ->

11:48:48,545 INFO [CreateLivePortalEventListener] Create new resource storage for portal: acme
                      11:48:48,592 INFO [CreateLivePortalEventListener] Create new drive for portal: acme

Thanks in advance!

• 8. Re: How to install Exo WCM in GateIn
                        steelmaker

is there no solution for this issue? I have the same problem... or is that to old...

thanks

• 9. Re: How to install Exo WCM in GateIn
                          antoine_h

I am interested too...

thanks,

JBoss Portal and GateIn (JSR-286), JSF, Richfaces, J2EE, Drools, BRMS.

http://www.sysemo.com/