1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 22, 2010 3:39 AM by cf0rum

Extending jpdl designer (Eclipse plugins) to allow user to select swimlane from table

cf0rum

Hi all,

For jpdl designer ( that shipped as Eclipse plugins ),

I have a requirement where the value of swimlane or actor is not initialized manually by typing the value into the textfield,

instead the textfield should be changed to select box / combobox, where the content comes from database.

jbpm-jpdl-designer-3.1.7 for Eclipse doesn't shipped with this feature, so I think I have to extend the plugins.

Anyone could give me a clue or starting point on how to do this ?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Extending jpdl designer (Eclipse plugins) to allow user to select swimlane from table
          cf0rum

I think I have to rephrase it more clearly :

In the jpdl designer (installed as eclipse plugins), I want to create a swimlane, with assignment handler class IdentityAssignmentHandler.

In this class, I have 4 variables : type, companyId, userId, and name. These 4 variables get listed by the designer ( see attached image ).

The problem is, for each variable (type, companyId, etc), I have to fill the value manually by typing it into textfield. What I want is to change the textfield

into combobox, where the content of combobox comes from database. So user can choose the value from combobox, rather than typing it manually (error prone).

Does anyone know how to modify the designer plugins, or give any clue on how to start ?

Thanksswimlane_designer_image.jpg