3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2012 3:16 AM by Hitz Jain

Can the JMS Queue be on Remote HornetQ Server

Steven Whyte Newbie

I am trying to figure out is the "ESB Aware" queues and the "Gateway" queues reside on a remote HornetQ server as apposed to the JBossESB Server and the HornetQ existing on the same server or cluster?

Thanks

Steve

• 1. Re: Can the JMS Queue be on Remote HornetQ Server
          Kevin Conner Master

You should be able to set up the queues either way, remotely or co-located.

• 2. Re: Can the JMS Queue be on Remote HornetQ Server
            Steven Whyte Newbie

Kevin,

What setup would I have to do in the ESB to connect to a remote HornetQ Server? In my applications jboss-esb.xml I have tried setting up the provider serveral ways

{code:xml}<jms-provider name="HornetQ" connection-factory="ConnectionFactory"

jndi-URL="jnp://172.16.234.129"

jndi-context-factory="org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory"

jndi-pkg-prefix="org.jboss.naming,org.jnp.interfaces"> {code}

and using jms-jca-provider

{code:xml}<jms-jca-provider name="HornetQ" connection-factory="ConnectionFactory"

jndi-URL="jnp://172.16.234.129"

jndi-context-factory="org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory"

jndi-pkg-prefix="org.jboss.naming,org.jnp.interfaces">

{code}

but when I startup I get ConnectionFactory not bound.

Now as far as the ESB Services that use JMS, jbpm.esb, jbossesb.esb, I would like to keep it's queue local to the ESB cluster for failover in case the HornetQ cluster is down. I this a over complicating things?

Thanks

Steve

• 3. Re: Can the JMS Queue be on Remote HornetQ Server
              Hitz Jain Newbie

Were you able to get answer to this or resolve this issue?     If yes would you remember what was done?