3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2011 10:52 AM by tejones

Designer - define web service model from wsdl

colo
      Hello!
      I want to define a model of Web services Designer Teiid a wsdl I have built. There are two ways to build the same model, right? 1) by importing a wsdl as Web services model, 2) creating a Web service model with a model to see the type of model. I have chosen 2) I do not know how to define the transformation in the functioning of Web services. What is the syntax or the way?
      Thank you very much.
      Greetings
      ColoHello!

Hi,

I want to define a web service model in the Designer from a wsdl that have built. There are two ways to build the same model, right? 1) by importing a wsdl as web services model, 2) creating a web service model with  view model as type of model. I have chosen 2) but don't know how to define the transformation in the operation of the web service. Which is the syntax or the way?

Thank you very much.

Regards

Colo

• 1. Re: Designer - define web service model from wsdl
          tejones

Nicolas,

If you have a view model, you can right-click on the view model then select Modeling->Create Web Service. This will generate all the artifacts required for the web service including some default transformations.

If you import wsdl to create your models, then you will need to add the transformations. Here are some articles that may be of some help: http://community.jboss.org/wiki/CreatingandDeployinganUpdateableTeiidWebServiceWar

http://community.jboss.org/wiki/GeneratingaJBossWS-CXFWarFromWebServiceModelsinTeiidDesigner

Here is the user guide: http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/JBoss_Developer_Studio/4.0/pdf/Teiid_Designer_User_Guide/JBoss_Developer_Studio-4.0-Teiid_Designer_User_Guide-en-US.pdf

Let me know if you run into issues...

Thanks,

Ted

• 2. Re: Designer - define web service model from wsdl
            colo

Maybe I expressed myself not very well.

I want to build a VDB from a WS I published. For that do:

File ->Teiid New Model Project
            File ->Import -> WSDL into Web Service Model

File ->Teiid New Model Project

File ->Import -> WSDL into Web Service Model

(Choose the model name and URL)

And then keep all the default settings as they are. The WS has asingle operation, which receives a string and returns a string, just to prove .

The point is that after the creation of the model there are two errors, these errors are due for there not defined transformations. One of the transformations corresponds to the operation defined in the interface, and the other is inside something called Mapping Diagram, that don't know how define it, and from that source... Have to define a procedure works as source to call the web service? Wich is the way?

Really thanks, and merry christmas!

Regards

Nicolás

• 3. Re: Designer - define web service model from wsdl
              tejones

Nicolas,

Sounds like you are on the right track. The transformations for the mapping class and the web service operation are not auto-generated and need to be defined by you. Start with the mapping class transformation. The result of that transformation will be the input source for the web service operation. There is an input set available to the mapping class transformation to provide filter criteria. In the transformation for the web service operation you can add any reuqired qualifiers as input arguments to the web service operation. You will need to define the input schema if you require input into a web service operation. The docs I pointed you to should be enough to get you started. If you would like to post your wsdl I would be glad to take a look and give you some example transformations.

It should be noted that we have other means of exposing web services as sources to Teiid. See the "WSDL to Relational Source Model" as well.

Merry Christmas to you as well and please keep us posted on your progress. Don't hesitate to ask if you need more direction.

Thanks,

Ted