4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2011 10:42 AM by clebert.suconic

Duplex over a Core Bridge Connection

tootedom

Hi

Is it possible to mark a Core Bridge Connection as duplex.  So that messages can be sent by the creator of the core connection; and also recieved from the target of the connection.

The reason I ask is that Connections from our Source Server to our Target Server, traverse a Firewall.  The Firewall only allows connections to be Established one way (Source to Target).  Once the connection is established, traffic can flow in both directions.

Using the following on the Source Server:

{code:xml}

<bridges>

<bridge name="inter-platform-bridge-connection">

<queue-name>jms.queue.BRIDGE</queue-name>

<forwarding-address>jms.queue.BRIDGE</forwarding-address>

<retry-interval>5000</retry-interval>

<reconnect-attempts>-1</reconnect-attempts>  

<failover-on-server-shutdown>false</failover-on-server-shutdown>

<use-duplicate-detection>true</use-duplicate-detection>                       

<confirmation-window-size>1</confirmation-window-size>       

<connector-ref connector-name="inter-platform-bridge-connection"/>

</bridge>

</bridges>

{code}

Messages are only forwarded from the Source Server to the Target Server.  If the Target Server puts a message on the QUEUE it cannot be recieved by the Source Server.

I have tried creating a core bridge from the Target to the Source, but this requires that the Target server be able to Establish Connections, which is not possible within our network infrastructure.

Is it possible to set up a core bridge network connection from Source to Target, and then allow messages to flow both ways; so the Source can recieve messages from the Target. i.e.

{code:xml}

<bridges>

<bridge name="inter-platform-bridge-connection">

<queue-name>jms.queue.BRIDGE</queue-name>

<forwarding-address>jms.queue.BRIDGE</forwarding-address>

<failover-on-server-shutdown>true</failover-on-server-shutdown>

</bridge>

<bridge name="inter-platform-bridge-connection-feedback">

<!-- Make me duplex, so I can recieve feed back messages

based on what was sent -->

<queue-name>jms.queue.FEEDBACK</queue-name>

<forwarding-address>jms.queue.FEEDBACK</forwarding-address>

<failover-on-server-shutdown>true</failover-on-server-shutdown>

</bridge>

<bridges>

{code}

Thanks

/dom

• 1. Duplex over a Core Bridge Connection
          clebert.suconic

There's a pending request to make the core bridge to pull also.

At the moment the queue is only push mode.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Duplex over a Core Bridge Connection
            tootedom

Thank you.

Is this the Jira you are referring to, just so I can watch the progress of it: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HORNETQ-179

Sorry for the additional question, As I'm not 100% clear on whether the description of that jira would solve the issue:

"With a "pull" bridge, the bridge would be defined on the receiving node to "pull" messages from the remote source server."

Reason being, that I need the Source Server to Pull messages from the Receiving node, and the Bridge to have been set up by the Source Server.

Thanks for your response.

/dom

• 3. Duplex over a Core Bridge Connection
              ataylor

A core bridge basically consumes from a local queue and the sends via a Message Producer to a remote queue on another server, To make it work the other way it would be basically a Message Consumer receiving from a remote queue and then forwarding to a local queue. It would probably be a different definition rather than a core bridge that does both, i'm not sure how this would work since messages would end up just going backwards and forwards.

Anyway, to the point, I'm not sure when this is scheduled for as we have higher priority items that need doing first, but if you feel like having ago yourself and providing a patch feel free.

• 4. Duplex over a Core Bridge Connection
                clebert.suconic

Dominic Tootell wrote:

Thank you.

Is this the Jira you are referring to, just so I can watch the progress of it: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HORNETQ-179

Sorry for the additional question, As I'm not 100% clear on whether the description of that jira would solve the issue:

"With a "pull" bridge, the bridge would be defined on the receiving node to "pull" messages from the remote source server."

Reason being, that I need the Source Server to Pull messages from the Receiving node, and the Bridge to have been set up by the Source Server.

Thanks for your response.

/dom

correct.. that's the JIRA