4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2011 10:04 AM by peterj

Upgrade of JBoss to higher version

Hi,

May I please for support about upgrade of JBoss? Is there any official procedure how to make upgrade in general? In case that new version is released, will there be some kind of official upgrade procedure? At least released from last verion to new one?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Upgrade of JBoss to higher version
          wdfink

AFAIK not.

JEE spec conform archives should be deployable within the new server. Also EJB2 should work in a standard JBoss 5 or 6.

But the administration might be total different (e.g. JBossMQ -> JBossMessaging -> HornetMQ) and you have to read the documentation or compare the versions by your self.

If you have special questions feel free to ask in a community forum

BTW welcome

• 2. Upgrade of JBoss to higher version
            peterj
            • 3. Upgrade of JBoss to higher version

Hi,

thanks, we are currently running JBoss 5.1.0 GA. I am looking for solution how to upgrade it once when we will have to use higher version. I was hoping that in JBoss exist some kind of automatic procedure for upgrade.

• 4. Upgrade of JBoss to higher version
                peterj

In general the instructions in that link still apply, even for going from 5.1.0 to 6.0. And since the messaging software changed again (from JBoss Messaging in 5.1.0 to HornetMQ in 6.0), the general recommendations to redo any messaging configuration based on the new messaing server still applies, though of course the specific step are different.

As far as I know, noone has created an automatic upgrade utility.