2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2011 4:13 AM by wdfink

JBoss tags in Xdoclet

nagenss

We are migrating form weblogic 8.1 to jboss 5.1. We are using xdcolet to generate weblogic-ejb-jar.xml. We are trying to generate jboss.xml also using xdoclet. Their are some tags not in xdoclet specific to weblogic i.e

@weblogic.dispatch

@weblogic.transaction-descriptor

@weblogic.pool

@weblogic.message-driven

Please provide suggestion if any replacements of these is available for jboss.

• 1. JBoss tags in Xdoclet
          jaikiran

Better ask in the XDoclet forums. I haven't used XDoclet since the past 6 years, so don't remember if there's any equivalent for those tags. By the way, here's the documentation for JBoss tags http://xdoclet.sourceforge.net/xdoclet/tags/jboss-tags.html

• 2. JBoss tags in Xdoclet
            wdfink

@weblogic.transaction-descriptor==> @jboss.method-attributes

@weblogic.pool => I suppose it is the pool of SLSB instances, it is configured only within the installation

@weblogic.dispatch => do you mean dispatch-policy? there is no attribute for JBoss

@weblogic.message-driven

I think here it depends on the attributes do you use, I guess you have to use @jboss.resource.......

hope it helps, because migration of EJB2 application is not really easy

If the application is not so big I would prefere to migration to EJB3, but this is often not possible