3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2011 4:28 AM by wdfink

JBoss AS 6 hot deployment

codevally

Hi

I am currently doing a JBoss AS 6 hot deployment project and want to know the followings are possible with JBOSS 6:

1. Can I hot deploy .class, .jsp files? If so what kind of configurations do I need to do?
      2. I found that .jar, .ear and .war are identified by the HDService. Can I reduce the HD scan time to some lower value in JBOSS 6?

Any help is very much appriciated.

Thanks

• 1. JBoss AS 6 hot deployment
          jaikiran

Roshan Pradeep wrote:

Hi

I am currently doing a JBoss AS 6 hot deployment project and want to know the followings are possible with JBOSS 6:

1. Can I hot deploy .class, .jsp files? If so what kind of configurations do I need to do?

You don't have to configure anything. By default, any changes to a .jsp (in a exploded deployment) are identified and are picked up the next time the jsp is accessed.

Roshan Pradeep wrote:

I found that .jar, .ear and .war are identified by the HDService. Can I reduce the HD scan time to some lower value in JBOSS 6?

See this http://community.jboss.org/message/579891#579891

• 2. JBoss AS 6 hot deployment
            codevally

Thanks Jaikiran for the quick reply.

How about the .class file hot deployments? I have tested it for a session bean class, but nothing changed.

• 3. JBoss AS 6 hot deployment
              wdfink

For .class files it is a bit different. I suppose the scanner works as before in JBoss 4/5

If you change classes in an exploded EAR or WAR file you have to touch the deployment descriptor to restart the application.

But keep in mind it will restart the complete application.