2 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2011 5:41 PM by peterj

Error deploying .War filw in Jboss

usemore

Hi All,

I am new to JBoss and want to deploy a project using JBoss.

When the .war file  is getting created in the folder C:\jboss-as-distribution-6.0.0.Final\jboss-6.0.0.Final\server\default\deploy

I get an error in my server console:

ERROR [org.jboss.kernel.plugins.dependency.AbstractKernelController] Error installing to Parse: name=vfs:///C:/jboss-as-distribution-6.0.0.Final/jboss-6.0.0.Final/server/default/deploy/project.war state=PreParse mode=Manual requiredState=Parse: org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Error creating managed object for vfs:///C:/jboss-as-distribution-6.0.0.Final/jboss-6.0.0.Final/server/default/deploy/project.war

My platofrm is Windows XP, JBoss 6.0 and Eclipse as my IDE.

Thanks in advance,

user

• 1. Re: Error deploying .War filw in Jboss
          usemore

More info on the error:

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:

Deployment"vfs:///C:/jboss-as-distribution-6.0.0.Final/jboss-6.0.0.Final/server/default/deploy/project.war"is in error due to the following reason(s): org.xml.sax.SAXException: Thecontent of element type "taglib" must match"(tlib-version,jsp-version,short-name,uri?,display-name?,small-icon?,large-icon?,description?,validator?,listener*,tag+)".@ vfs:///C:/jboss-as-distribution-6.0.0.Final/jboss-6.0.0.Final/server/default/deploy/project.war/WEB-INF/lib/wc50.jar/META-INF/wc50jsf.tld[162,10]
          • 2. Re: Error deploying .War filw in Jboss
            peterj

Did you read the error message (the one in your second post)? It tells you exactly what is wrong - it even give the line and position  within the file where the problem is.

>>When the .war file  is getting created in the folder C:\jboss-as-distribution-6.0.0.Final\jboss-6.0.0.Final\server\default\deploy

I hope that I am misreading this and that what you meant is that the war is being copied to that folder. When I see the word "created" I associate that with the build process putting together a war - that should be done outside of the deploy folder.