0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2011 4:12 PM by egufford1

class not found when starting a schedule

egufford1

I have an app that contains a class that implements org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Schedulable. I have the schedule set up to run when the AS comes up, snippet from jboss-service.xml below. I have successfully debugged this code outside of the app server (eclipse/junit). I'm trying to debug this in eclipse by launching the AS in debug. When the AS comes up, I get class not found errors. I've tried to set up dependencies to solve this but that doesn't seem to make a difference. I have looked at the WAR and I can find the class in question right where it should be. War is deployed to $JBOSS_HOME/<my project name>/deploy. What am I missing?

I'm running eclipse Helios, JBoss 5.1 and JBossTools 3.2 (Helios); I've already debugged web services this way, using SoapUI to launch the requests. It's worked like a charm so far. Not sure what I'm messing up, would be grateful for any help. I've attached server.log if it's any help.

15:33:11,722 INFO  [ServerInfo] Java version: 1.6.0_22,Sun Microsystems Inc.

15:33:11,722 INFO  [ServerInfo] Java Runtime: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_22-b04)

15:33:11,722 INFO  [ServerInfo] Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 17.1-b03,Sun Microsystems Inc.

15:33:11,722 INFO  [ServerInfo] OS-System: Windows XP 5.1,x86

15:33:11,722 INFO  [ServerInfo] VM arguments: -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,suspend=y,address=localhost:4760 -Dprogram.name=JBossTools: JBoss EAP 5.x Runtime -Xms256m -Xmx768m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -Djava.endorsed.dirs=C:\tools\jboss-as-51\lib\endorsed -Dfile.encoding=Cp1252

15:33:11,753 INFO  [JMXKernel] Legacy JMX core initialized

15:33:14,612 INFO  [WebService] Using RMI server codebase: http://localhost:8083/

15:33:15,034 INFO  [Scheduler] Failed to find: com.att.usop.federation.scheduler.ArgusScheduler

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.att.usop.federation.scheduler.ArgusScheduler from BaseClassLoader@19155be{vfsfile:/C:/tools/jboss-as-51/server/usop/conf/jboss-service.xml}

======================================================================================================

jboss-service.xml entry (bottom of file, originally cloned from 'default')

<mbean code="org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Scheduler"
             name="jboss.docs:service=ArgusScheduler">

<depends>jboss.j2ee:service=EARDeployment,url='USOP-R4.ear'</depends>

<depends>jboss.j2ee:service=EJB3,module=USOP-JPA.jar</depends>

<depends>jboss.j2ee:service=EJB3,module=USOP-WS.war</depends>

<!-- START AS SOON AS THE APP SERVER COMES UP -->

<attribute name="StartAtStartup">true</attribute>

<!-- CLASS NAME OF THIS SCHEDULED ENTITY -->

<attribute name="SchedulableClass">com.att.usop.federation.scheduler.ArgusScheduler</attribute>

<!-- WHATEVER ARGS YOU WANT TO PROVIDE GO HERE -->

<!-- <attribute name="SchedulableArguments">TheName,123456789</attribute> -->

<!-- DATA TYPE AND ORDER MUST MATCH TO THE FOREGOING. -->

<!-- <attribute name="SchedulableArgumentTypes">java.lang.String,long</attribute> -->

<!-- RUN THIS SCHEDULE AS SOON AS THE SERVER COMES UP -->

<attribute name="InitialStartDate">NOW</attribute>

<!-- NUMBER OF MILISECONDS TO WAIT BETWEEN INVOCATIONS -->

<!-- 8/11 EJG : RUN EVERY 120 SECS.-->

<attribute name="SchedulePeriod">120000</attribute>

<!-- NUMBER OF TIMES TO RUN, MINUS ONE MEANS RUN FOREVER. -->

<attribute name="InitialRepetitions">-1</attribute>

</mbean>