2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2012 1:24 AM by rohit.bhogle

JBOSS 5.1 Vs JBOSS 6.0 EAR deployment

rohit.bhogle

Hi,

I am trying to deploy my EAR that contains session (stateful,stateless) as well as entity beans.On JBOSS 5.1 GA,I get the following warning for some of my SLSBs:

EJBTHREE-1828: EJBInjectionContainer jboss.j2ee:ear=app.ear,jar=a.jar,name=MyProcessControllerBean,service=EJB3 is unconfigured, using legacy resolve.

I don't see the beans within a.jar  bound to the JNDI tree either and the deployment fails with message:

Deployment "<UNKNOWN jboss.j2ee:ear=app.ear,jar=a.jar,name=DistributionDataBean,service=EJB3>" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** UNRESOLVED Demands 'jndi:MyProcessControllerBean' **'

This same EAR works on JBOSS 6.0 without any changes.

I think EJB deployment works in a different way b/w these two versions.It is not possible for me to move my application to 6.x since there are other applications as well that use 5.x.

My SLSBs do have a circular refs as mentioned in this issue:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/EJBTHREE-1074

Has this issue been fixed in 5.x ?

P.S.I am using the @EJB(mappedName="foo") annotation for injecting bean refs.

Any pointers ???

Thanks,

ROhit

• 1. Re: JBOSS 5.1 Vs JBOSS 6.0 EAR deployment
          jaikiran

You'll have to post a bit more including the relevant bean(s) code and the logs.

• 2. Re: JBOSS 5.1 Vs JBOSS 6.0 EAR deployment
            rohit.bhogle

Please find attached the EAR as well as the source code.

Here's the error log:

DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:

Deployment "jboss.j2ee:ear=test.ear,jar=beanA.jar,name=BeanA,service=EJB3" is missing the following dependencies:

Dependency "<UNKNOWN jboss.j2ee:ear=test.ear,jar=beanA.jar,name=BeanA,service=EJB3>" (should be in state "Installed", but is actually in state "**

UNRESOLVED Demands 'jndi:BeanC' **")

Deployment "jboss.j2ee:ear=test.ear,jar=beanA.jar,name=BeanA,service=EJB3_endpoint" is missing the following dependencies:

Dependency "jboss.j2ee:ear=test.ear,jar=beanA.jar,name=BeanA,service=EJB3" (should be in state "Installed", but is actually in state "PreInstall")

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:

Deployment "<UNKNOWN jboss.j2ee:ear=test.ear,jar=beanA.jar,name=BeanA,service=EJB3>" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** UNRESOLVED Deman

ds 'jndi:BeanC' **

I have tried to depict the scenario that I have using this test EAR.This EAR deploys on 6.x w/o any problems.I have tested both with EAP 5.1.1 and JBOSS GA 5.1 and got the same error as above.