1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 13, 2008 4:46 PM by jx2dad

getExpressionFactory error in WAS 6.1

jx2dad

I am trying to run Seam 2.1.0 on a WAS 6.1.0.15 server.  I have run into many classpath issues with the JSF implementation and other needed JARs, all which I have resolved so far.  Now I am getting this error when trying to run the 'Helloworld' example from the book 'JBoss Seam, Simplicity and Power ....'.

00000021 WebApp        E   Servlet Error-Faces Servlet: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax/faces/application/Application.getExpressionFactory()Ljavax/el/ExpressionFactory;
              at org.jboss.seam.jsf.UnifiedELValueBinding.getValueExpression(UnifiedELValueBinding.java:69)
              at org.jboss.seam.jsf.UnifiedELValueBinding.getValue(UnifiedELValueBinding.java:46)
              at javax.faces.component.UIOutput.getValue(UIOutput.java:147)
              at com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.HtmlBasicInputRenderer.getValue(HtmlBasicInputRenderer.java:84)
              at com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.HtmlBasicRenderer.getCurrentValue(HtmlBasicRenderer.java:204)
              at com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.HtmlBasicRenderer.encodeEnd(HtmlBasicRenderer.java:171)
              at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIComponentBase.java:754)
              at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.encodeEnd(UIComponentTag.java:630)
              at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.doEndTag(UIComponentTag.java:553)
              at com.sun.faces.taglib.html_basic.InputTextTag.doEndTag(InputTextTag.java:670)
              at com.ibm._jsp._hello._jspx_meth_h_inputText_0(_hello.java:161)
              at com.ibm._jsp._hello._jspx_meth_h_form_0(_hello.java:202)
              at com.ibm._jsp._hello._jspx_meth_f_view_0(_hello.java:355)
              at com.ibm._jsp._hello._jspService(_hello.java:76)

Can anyone assist?