4 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2008 7:22 PM by gromero

Yahoo YUI Integration

gromero

can Yahoo Toolkit Integrate to seam?
      I'm using seam in a big project, but I'd like to know if I can Integrate in my develope some components of the YUI.
        Someone can help me in how integrate it?
      thanks

• 1. Re: Yahoo YUI Integration

Guillermo Romero wrote on May 10, 2008 06:25 PM:

can Yahoo Toolkit Integrate to seam?
          I'm using seam in a big project, but I'd like to know if I can Integrate in my develope some components of the YUI.
            Someone can help me in how integrate it?
          thanks

Hello,

I'm not sure what your definition of integrate is, but you can use the YUI library with a Seam project (I've used parts of it myself), and it's not terribly difficult to do.

However the YUI is a pure Javascript library which means that development will be different from what you'd get if you used RichFaces for example. I'm aware of at least one project to create JSF tags for YUI, but it's not production grade (http://www.nightdev.devisland.net/yui4jsf-examples/main.jsf).

I don't know what your application is like, but I did find that RichFaces does a pretty good job at creating a nice interface, although the YUI has some really nice templates to handle page layouts (their Grid CSS module), better than what you'll be able to do with RichFaces alone.

I hope this helped.

• 2. Re: Yahoo YUI Integration
            gromero

Really, Thanks
                your example is excellent.I need use the Rich Edit Editor, But I have some problems to Integrate it in my Application. can you send me so code? It works on my application but it seems bad.
              to the other things I am using only rich faces to some components.

thanks!

• 3. Re: Yahoo YUI Integration

What kind of problem do you have? If for example you're unable to find a way to store the data from the Rich Text Editor, have you had a look at the Seam remoting facilities?

One other thing, RichFaces and Ajax4JSF are great to use AJAX to spruce up the interface without getting too involved in Javascript programming.

But if you're going to use libraries such as YUI, I assume you have a good basic understanding of Javascript. Otherwise you'll loose a lot of time trying to make your app work the way you want.

• 4. Re: Yahoo YUI Integration
                gromero

Hi! I tried to use some YUI4JSF, but I've got this:

<head><script type="text/javascript" src="../yui4jsfResources.jsf?name=yui4jsf-core.js&folder=core&custom=true"></script>

I have included the filter and the filter mapping in the web.xml file, and yui4jsf-0.6.1.jar respectively in the MANIFEST file.

Any help? Thanks