6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2009 6:05 PM by visumagic

Seam Debugging issue jboss seam211cr2

visumagic

Hi
      I'm trying to debug seam application, once I finished coding I'm trying to sync . but connection is getting closed ..

23:19:43,109 INFO  [ConnectionFactoryBindingService] Unbound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=t2Datasource' from JNDI name 'java:t2Datasource'
      23:19:43,234 INFO  [ConnectionFactoryBindingService] Bound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=t2Datasource' to JNDI name 'java:t2Datasource'

thanks
      raghu

• 1. Re: Seam Debugging issue jboss seam211cr2
          visumagic

Sorry for incomplete message ..

I'm using eclipse  ,jboss tools 3 and if i try to sync the server instance in the debugging state , the connection is getting reestablishing ..

plz give me some idea how to fix this. because of this ,i need to restart the server every time of modification of java or xhtml files ..

I'm getting following error ...
          23:19:43,109 INFO  [ConnectionFactoryBindingService] Unbound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=t2Datasource' from JNDI name 'java:t2Datasource'
          23:19:43,234 INFO  [ConnectionFactoryBindingService] Bound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=t2Datasource' to JNDI name 'java:t2Datasource'

finally I'm getting

javax.el.ELException: /p/region/common/classroomSearch.xhtml @19,17 value="#{universityList.resultList}": Error reading 'resultList' on type org.domain.t2.session.old.UniversityList_$$_javassist_3

After restarting it's getting cleared ..

I'm not sure how many of you faced this kind of problem .. but It's taking lot of my dev time ..

thanks
          raghu

• 2. Re: Seam Debugging issue jboss seam211cr2
            visumagic

hi

I'm not able to understand that , is this problem is know or unknown, I guess this is a common problem, because I did eclipse setup for several times ,but this problem continued ..

thanks
            raghu

• 3. Re: Seam Debugging issue jboss seam211cr2
              joblini

What do you mean by

if i try to sync the server instance in the debugging state

• 4. Re: Seam Debugging issue jboss seam211cr2
                visumagic
                hi Ingo,
                thanks for your reply ..

In the jboss  server view > right click on server > publich
                it will publish the application into the server , before there was no need to restart the server to check any small xhtml,or minor java code changes.
                Now this error is reestablishing the server database connection,
                then any persistence related operations are getting failed ..

thanks
                raghu
                • 5. Re: Seam Debugging issue jboss seam211cr2
                  If you are using a seam-gen project, your Ant file may be overwriting the datasource file in the exploded archive, which would then cause it to overwrite the datasource deployed to the server. When the server sees the timestamp change, it would drop/reconnect the datasource.

Perhaps look in build.xml for target named "datasource", and change the attribute on the copy from overwrite="true" to overwrite="false". Of course, if you do that, you will have to clean the project in order to update the datasource.
                  • 6. Re: Seam Debugging issue jboss seam211cr2
                    visumagic

Hi Tony
                    I'm not using seam-gen , I'm using Jboss Tools. Your explanation
                    gave a clue to figure it out.
                    Here ds.xml is getting deployed along with the war. For every
                    eclipse server sync up, ds file is refreshed. Because of this
                    jboss server reconnecting the datasource which is crashing entire
                    application.
                    I unplugged ds.xml from jboss tools server deployments(in eclipse) and copied it manually into deployment location.

I was facing this issue rarely (mostly with new eclipse workspace)

so now I'm free ..

thanks a lot

raghu