10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2009 5:59 PM by xuegong

why so slow :(

lqm1111
      this site is so slow..

i cann't imagine a simple login takes  10-15 seconds...
      what's the reason?
      1\ server  2\network 3\program 4\seam itself 5\...
        • 1. Re: why so slow :(
          hcgpragt

This is not my (current) experience.
          You you still have this problem. Only with this site?
          What EXACTLY is the problem?
          Just logging in, or over the whole site?

• 2. Re: why so slow :(
            sherkan777

For me this page is slow 2.

Maybe better performance on this seam app, will help?
            This isn't good, to show what seam offers, on seam app which is so slow:)

• 3. Re: why so slow :(
              luke.poldo.mailinator.com

The whole site is slow!

From Firebug:

18 requests

125 KB

(75 KB from cache)
              10.43s

just for load this page!!

• 4. Re: why so slow :(
                hcgpragt

I think this is a duplicate of this thread.

I did a test via webpagetest.org

and found it indeed much slower than I experience (from the Netherlands-Europa)

Please find your answer in the other thread.

Hugo

• 5. Re: why so slow :(
                  dstockdill

Hugo, I think that thread suggested it was a US problem that would be sorted for launch of seamframework.org

I'm in Europe, and the site is very slow at the moment - slower than it has been.  I won't bother posting numbers as Christian didn't find them helpful last time.

@gdd peng, this isn't a Seam issue.  Seam can perform well, just don't take seamframework.org as the performance benchmark for what's possible.

• 6. Re: why so slow :(
                    loveseam

Duncan Stockdill wrote on Mar 24, 2009 09:36:

Hugo, I think that thread suggested it was a US problem that would be sorted for launch of seamframework.org

I'm in Europe, and the site is very slow at the moment - slower than it has been.  I won't bother posting numbers as Christian didn't find them helpful last time.

@gdd peng, this isn't a Seam issue.  Seam can perform well, just don't take seamframework.org as the performance benchmark for what's possible.

Yes, seam can run fast. I have developed a web site with seam, it perform well.

But, here, seamframework.org is the FACE of seam. So i think it's necessary to reconstruct this web site to make it run faster. I recommended seam to my colleagues. when they visited seamframework.org, the ask me the same question:why this site is so slow? Isn't it developed by seam?

• 7. Re: why so slow :(
                      kukeltje.ronald.jbpm.org

Hugo Pragt wrote on Mar 23, 2009 14:00:

and found it indeed much slower than I experience (from the Netherlands-Europa)

Well, I'm in the Netherlands as well and over my currently unused 8Mbit/s (up- and downstream) it takes 5-10 seconds for that page to open before I clicked 'quote' on your post.

The site/server iteself is not slow. Looks like the forum app is slow (when you enter dymamic parts). 5-10s when clicking on the 'forums' menu item, then 5-10s after selecting one forum and again 5-10s after selecting a topic. Although Christian did not want detailed numbers, I thought I'd at least post this information. So it is obivious the geographical location is not to blame, at least not fully.

Unfortunately I do not have the time to do real profiling or see if there is a reason it is slow because of javascript stuff (maybe even firebug is a culprit).

And xiang yingbing and others are right. You never get a second chance for a first impression. Could be that the app is a victim of the success of the underlying framework. Happens often that with a low number of users things perform well, but under load (users at the keyboard, or number of records in the db) systems get slower and slower     

• 8. Re: why so slow :(
                        israel.bgf

It's really a ugly thing to the Seam Framework having his House being so slow... It really needs to be fixed.

• 9. Re: why so slow :(

I think this is a duplicate of this thread.

That's true, but that thread is over a year old, and the problem persists.  It's really a PITA to use the forums when they run this slow.  I guess I'd just like to know what the source of the problem is, what the solution is, and when it will be executed. 

• 10. Re: why so slow :(

I am in US and having same issues with the website.