1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 27, 2009 5:30 PM by vventin

Error running Seam examples\messages - Maven: jstl missing

Hello,

I am new to using Seam and have been working through the examples.  When I try to run the messages example I get the following error.  I don't know anything about Maven but I found that the repository is rearranged for http://repository.jboss.org/maven2. I am able to see jstl under apache-taglibs but obvious something is going wrong with the build.

ANY IDEAS WHAT I CAN DO TO MAKE THIS WORK?
      ||
      THANKS

copyextradependencies:
      [artifact:dependencies] Downloading: apache-taglibs/jstl/1.1.2/jstl-1.1.2.pom from central
      [artifact:dependencies] Downloading: apache-taglibs/jstl/1.1.2/jstl-1.1.2.pom from central
      [artifact:dependencies] Downloading: apache-taglibs/jstl/1.1.2/jstl-1.1.2.jar from central
      [artifact:dependencies] Downloading: apache-taglibs/jstl/1.1.2/jstl-1.1.2.jar from central
      [artifact:dependencies] An error has occurred while processing the Maven artifact tasks.
      [artifact:dependencies]  Diagnosis:
      [artifact:dependencies]
      [artifact:dependencies] Unable to resolve artifact: Missing:
      [artifact:dependencies] ----------
      [artifact:dependencies] 1) apache-taglibs:jstl:jar:1.1.2
      [artifact:dependencies]   Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
      [artifact:dependencies]   Then, install it using the command:
      [artifact:dependencies]       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=apache-taglibs -DartifactId=jstl -Dversion=1.1.2 -Dpack
      aging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
      [artifact:dependencies]   Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
      [artifact:dependencies]       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=apache-taglibs -DartifactId=jstl -Dversion=1.1.2 -Dpackag
      ing=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
      [artifact:dependencies]   Path to dependency:
      [artifact:dependencies]         1) org.apache.maven:super-pom:jar:2.0
      [artifact:dependencies]         2) apache-taglibs:jstl:jar:1.1.2
      [artifact:dependencies] ----------
      [artifact:dependencies] 1 required artifact is missing.
      [artifact:dependencies] for artifact:
      [artifact:dependencies]   org.apache.maven:super-pom:jar:2.0
      [artifact:dependencies] from the specified remote repositories:
      [artifact:dependencies]   central (http://repository.jboss.org/maven2)

BUILD FAILED
      C:\j2ee\jboss-seam-2.1.2\examples\messages\build.xml:16: The following error occurred while executing this line:
      C:\j2ee\jboss-seam-2.1.2\build\utilities.build.xml:188: The following error occurred while executing this line:
      C:\j2ee\jboss-seam-2.1.2\build\utilities.build.xml:47: Unable to resolve artifact: Missing: