0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2009 6:44 PM by cyberanto

seamgen project styles interfere with richfaces

cyberanto

The css generated by seamgen interferes with richfaces components, e.g. the combobox. The arrow image is missing if say in a search tile (*List.xhtml) one replaces an input with a rich:combobox, and the dropdown is truncated. (I use seam 2.2.0.GA which includes RichFaces 3.3.1.GA)

Spaceyoyo in the RichFaces forum posted the code change below as a fix for the missing image. It works fine for me - the image is now being displayed.

My question: has anybody already looked at this systematically and is willing to post the required mods here, or do I have to use firebug and look at the differences in styles for each component in the seamgen app and the richfaces demo to come up with all the other changes required?

Is there another (simpler) way of achieving the same?

From his post:

Ok I found the solution.

This is because i have generate my project with seam-gen, And seam-gen override the css.
      It generate this in theme.xcss :

|<u:selector name="input[type=text], input[type=password], textarea, select" >
                      <u:style name="background-color" skin="controlBackgroundColor"/>
                      <u:style name="color" skin="controlTextColor"/>
                      <u:style name="background-position" value="left top"/>
                      <u:style name="background-repeat" value="repeat-x"/>
                      <u:style name="background-image">
                              <f:resource f:key="org.richfaces.renderkit.html.images.SliderFieldGradient"/>
                      </u:style>
                      <u:style name="border" value="1px solid"/>
                      <u:style name="border-color" skin="tableBorderColor" />
              </u:selector>|

So change this to :

|<u:selector name="input[type=text]:not([class*=rich-combobox-button]), input[type=password], textarea, select" >
                      <u:style name="background-color" skin="controlBackgroundColor"/>
                      <u:style name="color" skin="controlTextColor"/>
                      <u:style name="background-position" value="left top"/>
                      <u:style name="background-repeat" value="repeat-x"/>
                      <u:style name="background-image">
                              <f:resource f:key="org.richfaces.renderkit.html.images.SliderFieldGradient"/>
                      </u:style>
                      <u:style name="border" value="1px solid"/>
                      <u:style name="border-color" skin="tableBorderColor" />
              </u:selector>|