1 Reply Latest reply on May 4, 2010 2:57 PM by tariqahsan

Is it possible to start a new pageflow from another pageflow?

tariqahsan
      I have a page where after validating the input values would transition to another page. The second page is part of a separate seam component and has it's own pageflow and conversation scope. Within the first conversation would it be possible to begin another pageflow? I was thinking if it is possible to have two pageflows within the action code? Like -

<code>
      @Begin ( pageflow="PAGE1" )
          public String beginPageFlow() {
               return "success";
          }
      @END

@Begin ( pageflow="PAGE2" )
          public String beginPageFlow() {
               return "success";
          }
      </code>
      If correctly understand the above would be in the same conversation scope of the first right?
      What would be the best way to do this where I want to pass the input values from the first conversation to a the second page which already has it's own conversation scope action code and pageflow?
        • 1. Re: Is it possible to start a new pageflow from another pageflow?
          tariqahsan

I have posted this question while back. Wondering if anyone could answer to my problem. Basically I have a jPDL that is called from the action code by using @Begin. Now within the same jPDL I like to call another screen program which has it's own jPDL. Tried the nested conversion on my action code. But the error happens when starting the second jPDL. Is it because you cannot spawn off a long running conversation within the first long running conversation?

Can anyone answer this? Also, like to know if anyone has done something what I am trying to do?

Thanks