1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 27, 2001 3:39 PM by alu1344

jaws says "[Default]null" on deployment time

alu1344

Hi all

The first weird thing in my log is that for every CMP entity bean deployed I obtain a "[Default] null" message after JAWS has generated the accesors. The second is, each time I try to create/read any of them, I get the following error (I enclose the datasource log turned on):

[MysqlDB] Pool MysqlDB [1/1/Unlimited] gave out pooled object: org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.wrapper.XAConnectionImpl@313906
      [JAWS] java.lang.NullPointerException
      [JAWS] at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jaws.metadata.CMPFieldMetaData.getValue(CMPFieldMetaData.java:363)
      [JAWS] at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jaws.jdbc.JDBCCommand.getCMPFieldValue(JDBCCommand.java:640)

The first *weird* thing in the log is this (for each Entity Bean):

[JAWS] Initializing JAWS plugin for FamiliaEJB
      [Container factory] Finder:nombre
      [MysqlDB] No transaction right now.
      [MysqlDB] Pool MysqlDB [1/1/Unlimited] gave out pooled object: org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.wrapper.XAConnectionImpl@313906
      [MysqlDB] Pool MysqlDB [0/1/Unlimited] returned object org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.wrapper.XAConnectionImpl@313906 to the pool.
      [MysqlDB] Resource 'org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.wrapper.XAResourceImpl@221e9e' enlisted for 'org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.wrapper.XAConnectionImpl@313906'.
      [MysqlDB] Pool MysqlDB [0/1/Unlimited] returned object org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.wrapper.XAConnectionImpl@313906 to the pool.
      [Default] null

The Deployment descriptor is quite simple - very similar to the CD example. This bean only has two fields (a primary integer key field and a String one). I have tried with other beans, too. I've tried with linux and Windows, with PostgreSQL 7 and MySQL 3.23.39, latest version of JDBC drivers, JBoss 2.4.0, the build of 22 August. All the same, so it must be anything I am doing wrong, or maybe it's a bug?. Don't think so, because I am the only one that has this one.

Do I need to say I'm quite desperate? I am going to start sniffing into the source right now, but any help would be *appreciated*.

• 1. Re: jaws says
          alu1344

OK, let's answer myself :))

They're two unrelated issues: the first one ("[Default] null") AFAIK is normal behaviour. The EJB's work fine in spite of this message. Weird.

The second one is a subtle one. It seems that THE PERSISTENT FIELDS ARE FORCED TO BE PUBLIC. If not, the transaction doesn't end correctly. Anyone has any clue about this?

Anyway, the problem is solved =)))))