1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 14, 2010 5:12 AM by elfuhrer

Tests do not run from within eclipse

elfuhrer

In previous versions of seam this used to work like charm, but now I can't get the tests to execute from within eclipse, they run fine from within the ant target.

My environment is as follows:
      Eclipse 3.5.2
      TestNG Plugin

I have followed the documentation and added the libraries and the bootstrap folder to the test case configuration, I have added as well the -Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true argument to the VM. When I run the test suite configuration I get the following exception:

[Parser] Running:
        D:\workspace\src\vds\src\test\VDSSuiteTest.xml

FAILED CONFIGURATION: @BeforeSuite startSeam
      java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create a KernelInitializer based on the specified KernelConfig
           at org.jboss.kernel.KernelFactory.createKernelInitializer(KernelFactory.java:156)
           at org.jboss.kernel.KernelFactory.assembleNewKernel(KernelFactory.java:99)
           at org.jboss.kernel.KernelFactory.newInstance(KernelFactory.java:67)
           at org.jboss.kernel.plugins.bootstrap.AbstractBootstrap.bootstrap(AbstractBootstrap.java:120)
           at org.jboss.kernel.plugins.bootstrap.AbstractBootstrap.run(AbstractBootstrap.java:89)
           at org.jboss.embedded.Bootstrap.createKernel(Bootstrap.java:123)
           at org.jboss.embedded.Bootstrap.getInstance(Bootstrap.java:70)
           at org.jboss.seam.mock.EmbeddedBootstrap.startAndDeployResources(EmbeddedBootstrap.java:10)
           at org.jboss.seam.mock.AbstractSeamTest.startJbossEmbeddedIfNecessary(AbstractSeamTest.java:1024)
           at org.jboss.seam.mock.AbstractSeamTest.startSeam(AbstractSeamTest.java:915)
           at org.jboss.seam.mock.SeamTest.startSeam(SeamTest.java:58)
      Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
           at org.jboss.config.plugins.property.PropertyConfiguration.loadFromProperties(PropertyConfiguration.java:126)
           at org.jboss.config.plugins.property.PropertyConfiguration.createDefaultClassAdapterFactory(PropertyConfiguration.java:86)
           at org.jboss.config.plugins.AbstractConfiguration.getClassAdapterFactory(AbstractConfiguration.java:215)
           at org.jboss.config.plugins.AbstractConfiguration.getBeanInfo(AbstractConfiguration.java:70)
           at org.jboss.kernel.plugins.config.AbstractKernelConfig.getBeanInfo(AbstractKernelConfig.java:55)
           at org.jboss.kernel.plugins.config.property.PropertyKernelConfig.getImplementation(PropertyKernelConfig.java:157)
           at org.jboss.kernel.plugins.config.property.PropertyKernelConfig.createKernelInitializer(PropertyKernelConfig.java:118)
           at org.jboss.kernel.KernelFactory.createKernelInitializer(KernelFactory.java:150)
           ... 25 more
      ... Removed 15 stack frames
      SKIPPED CONFIGURATION: @BeforeClass setupClass
      SKIPPED CONFIGURATION: @BeforeMethod begin
      SKIPPED CONFIGURATION: @AfterMethod end
      SKIPPED CONFIGURATION: @AfterClass cleanupClass
      SKIPPED: testEntityManager

===============================================
          NumberGuess
          Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Skips: 1
          Configuration Failures: 1, Skips: 4

NumberGuess
      Total tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Skips: 1
      Configuration Failures: 1, Skips: 5

Does anyone has an idea on what's causing this?

Cheers,
      Fady