2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2010 4:10 PM by jeanluc

Strange Transaction warning

charles.salasoberlin.gmail.com

Hi everyone,

I have something very strange going on with my seam app. I have developed an API using resteasy and whenever there is an api call, I get the following warning in the console.

09:18:12,840 WARN  [arjLoggerI18N][com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.coordinator.TwoPhaseCoordinator_4] TwoPhaseCoordinator.afterCompletion - returned failure for com.arjuna.ats.int
      ernal.jta.resources.arjunacore.SynchronizationImple@13d164c
      16:00:56,976 WARN  [arjLoggerI18N][com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.coordinator.TransactionReaper_18] - TransactionReaper::check timeout for TX ae27a60:e55d:4c33209e:1de in state
      RUN

does anyone know the cause of this? Furthermore, after a while, my console hangs and I need to do a control-c. At this point, the requests which were made during the hang suddenly all show up on the console. This is terrible because we are slowly moving towards production and this hanging problem beats me. Something tells me it might be caused by the warnings above.

Thanks for any insights.

Enjoy the sunshine.
      Charles.

• 1. Re: Strange Transaction warning
          kyatim

I'm expressing the same problem and in addition i have this erro im my log file

WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.logging.arjLoggerI18N] (Thread-13) [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.coordinator.BasicAction_58] - Abort of action id 0:ffff0a641286:126a:4c335dff:2242f invoked while multiple threads active within it.
          2010-07-07 08:38:00,011 WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.logging.arjLoggerI18N] (Thread-13) [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.coordinator.CheckedAction_2] - CheckedAction::check - atomic action 0:ffff0a641286:126a:4c335dff:2242f aborting with 1 threads active!
          2010-07-07 08:38:00,011 WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.logging.arjLoggerI18N] (Sched1_Worker-7) [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.coordinator.BasicAction_35] - End called illegally on atomic action 0:ffff0a641286:126a:4c335dff:2242f
          2010-07-07 08:38:00,011 WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.logging.arjLoggerI18N] (Thread-13) [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.coordinator.TransactionReaper_7] - TransactionReaper::doCancellations worker Thread[Thread-13,5,jboss] successfully canceled TX 0:ffff0a641286:126a:4c335dff:2242f
          2010-07-07 08:38:00,011 ERROR [org.jboss.seam.async.AsynchronousExceptionHandler] (Sched1_Worker-7) Exception thrown whilst executing asynchronous call: javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: Transaction rolled back
                  at org.jboss.ejb3.tx.Ejb3TxPolicy.handleEndTransactionException(Ejb3TxPolicy.java:54)
                  at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPolicy.endTransaction(TxPolicy.java:175)
                  at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPolicy.invokeInOurTx(TxPolicy.java:87)
                  at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxInterceptor$Required.invoke(TxInterceptor.java:190)
                  at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:102)
                  at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPropagationInterceptor.invoke(TxPropagationInterceptor.java:76)
                  at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:102)
                  at org.jboss.ejb3.tx.NullInterceptor.invoke(NullInterceptor.java:42)
                  at org.jboss.ejb3.security.Ejb3AuthenticationInterceptorv2.invoke(Ejb3AuthenticationInterceptorv2.java:186)
                  at org.jboss.ejb3.ENCPropagationInterceptor.invoke(ENCPropagationInterceptor.java:41)
                  at org.jboss.ejb3.BlockContainerShutdownInterceptor.invoke(BlockContainerShutdownInterceptor.java:67)
                  at org.jboss.aspects.currentinvocation.CurrentInvocationInterceptor.invoke(CurrentInvocationInterceptor.java:67)
                  at org.jboss.ejb3.interceptor.EJB3TCCLInterceptor.invoke(EJB3TCCLInterceptor.java:86)
                  at org.jboss.ejb3.session.SessionSpecContainer.invoke(SessionSpecContainer.java:182)
                  at org.jboss.ejb3.session.SessionSpecContainer.invoke(SessionSpecContainer.java:240)
                  at org.jboss.ejb3.proxy.impl.handler.session.SessionProxyInvocationHandlerBase.invoke(SessionProxyInvocationHandlerBase.java:188)
                  at $Proxy267.sendPagesToClassQueue(Unknown Source)
                  at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor555.invoke(Unknown Source)
                  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                  at org.jboss.seam.util.Reflections.invoke(Reflections.java:22)
                  at org.jboss.seam.intercept.RootInvocationContext.proceed(RootInvocationContext.java:32)
                  at org.jboss.seam.intercept.ClientSideInterceptor$1.proceed(ClientSideInterceptor.java:76)
                  at org.jboss.seam.intercept.SeamInvocationContext.proceed(SeamInvocationContext.java:56)
                  at org.jboss.seam.async.AsynchronousInterceptor.aroundInvoke(AsynchronousInterceptor.java:52)
                  at org.jboss.seam.intercept.SeamInvocationContext.proceed(SeamInvocationContext.java:68)
                  at org.jboss.seam.intercept.RootInterceptor.invoke(RootInterceptor.java:107)
                  at org.jboss.seam.intercept.ClientSideInterceptor.invoke(ClientSideInterceptor.java:54)
                  at org.javassist.tmp.java.lang.Object_$$_javassist_seam_2.sendPagesToClassQueue(Object_$$_javassist_seam_2.java)
                  at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor605.invoke(Unknown Source)
                  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                  at org.jboss.seam.util.Reflections.invoke(Reflections.java:22)
                  at org.jboss.seam.util.Reflections.invokeAndWrap(Reflections.java:144)
                  at org.jboss.seam.async.AsynchronousInvocation$1.process(AsynchronousInvocation.java:62)
                  at org.jboss.seam.async.Asynchronous$ContextualAsynchronousRequest.run(Asynchronous.java:80)
                  at org.jboss.seam.async.AsynchronousInvocation.execute(AsynchronousInvocation.java:44)
                  at org.jboss.seam.async.QuartzDispatcher$QuartzJob.execute(QuartzDispatcher.java:243)
                  at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:199)
                  at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:546)
          Caused by: javax.transaction.RollbackException: [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.commitwhenaborted] [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.commitwhenaborted] Could not commit transaction.
                  at com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.TransactionImple.commitAndDisassociate(TransactionImple.java:1408)
                  at com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.BaseTransaction.commit(BaseTransaction.java:138)
                  at com.arjuna.ats.jbossatx.BaseTransactionManagerDelegate.commit(BaseTransactionManagerDelegate.java:75)
                  at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPolicy.endTransaction(TxPolicy.java:170)
                  ... 44 more 

My problem is related to seam /. quartz integration (this error occurs somtimes when a job is starting

• 2. Re: Strange Transaction warning
            jeanluc

Possibly a transaction that takes too long before completing. The TransactionReaper is the thread that checks for overly-long transactions.

If you see it during the time the server is up, check if the transactions are really that long (inefficient SQL, undetected deadlock and so on).
            If you see it during or after the server start up, it may be caused by transactions that were in-flight when the server was brought down. By the time the server is restarted, the timeout duration has passed.