3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2010 9:06 AM by lvdberg

how to create drop down list in jboss-seam

sadiquekatihar

please help me for creating a drop down list in jsf

• 1. Re: how to create drop down list in jboss-seam
          lvdberg

Hi,

I don't like to give the next advice, but looking at the history of your threads, it seems that you need to study a lot on the different Seam-technologies in stead of diving in the deep. Please do this first, because in this forum we assume that you have a basic understanding of these technologies otherwise you can't use Seam efficiently !

regarding the drop-down.

<h:selectOneMenu value="#{bean.whateverValue}">
             <s:selectItems value="#{whateevervalueQuery}" var="v" label="#{v.someLabel}" />
             <s:convertEntity />
          </h:selectOneMenu>

You can do the same with an enum.

Leo

• 2. Re: how to create drop down list in jboss-seam
            sadiquekatihar

Dear Sir,

I am really very sorry. and this is fact that i am new with seam technology but i am very interested to work on it so i ask several question to you . I must follow your advice and i will study about seam.
            Please forgive me but i need your help for this. Now i will submit proper questions on this forum.
            again sorry for this.
            I am very thankful to you and i will never like to hurt you.

sadique

• 3. Re: how to create drop down list in jboss-seam
              lvdberg

Hi,

It was not my intention to put my reamrk, but at the moment I answered 4 of your threads and I recognize a pattern in the kind of questions. Seam forms a sort of glue for different J2EE technologies and tries to eliminate the shortcomings in them. To use Seam you must have a minimum level of knowledge of JSF/Facelets and JPA/Hibernate; its core technologies.

It is better to experiment with these technologies in a isolated way before diving into the big-bang of Seam, for which you have to understand a lot. Please feel free to ask, but a lot of forum users will not respond to questions for which you can find the answers in the - really good - documentation. My advice is to download the examples, read the included documentation and buy the Seam In Action book. Be prepared to invest some two/three months to get customed to Seam. I am a bit older, so it took some more time ;-)

Anyway, you really didn't hurt my feelings and hopefully you will stick to Seam!

Leo