4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2010 1:06 PM by lvdberg

JAVA INVISIBLE APPLET NOT WORKING WITH RICH:MODALPANEL

basak

Hi,

I have an insivible applet working packground in my .xhtml web page, however when I press a button whose onclick is  showModalPanel which brings a rich:modalpanel the browser waits 3-4 min to show the modal panel. After it shows it once, if I close and click the same button again, this time it is shown normally.

What may be the problem?

• 1. Re: JAVA INVISIBLE APPLET NOT WORKING WITH RICH:MODALPANEL
          lvdberg

Hi,

Can you give a bit more info, because we would like to see more on the invisble applet.

• Are you using the standard Rich:modalpanel or the prime one or another type?

• Do you intend to show the applet in the modalPanel ?

etc.

Leo

• 2. Re: JAVA INVISIBLE APPLET NOT WORKING WITH RICH:MODALPANEL
            basak

The web site I'm constructing is using a smart card for authentication and the applet is used to check whether the card is still in the card reader for every 2 seconds. The applet works fine in all of the pages, namely when the card is pulled out the user is logged out, however if a page contains a button whose onclick shows a standard rich:modalpanel when the button is clicked for the first time the modal panel is shown about 4- 5 minutes later!! While the modal panel is shown the applet also works fine, namely when we pull the card out the user is again logged out and redirected to the main page. In addition if the modal panel is closed and its related button is clicked again, this time the modal panel is shown on time...

The applet is not shown in the modal panel. It is in the base page and it is made invisible by using this code sample , we want it to run as a standalone application at the background.. The applet is loaded when each base page is rendered.

Thanks for your reply.

• 3. Re: JAVA INVISIBLE APPLET NOT WORKING WITH RICH:MODALPANEL
              basak

The web site I'm constructing is using a smart card for authentication and the applet is used to check whether the card is still in the card reader for every 2 seconds. The applet works fine in all of the pages, namely when the card is pulled out the user is logged out, however if a page contains a button whose onclick shows a standard rich:modalpanel when the button is clicked for the first time the modal panel is shown about 4- 5 minutes later!! While the modal panel is shown the applet also works fine, namely when we pull the card out the user is again logged out and redirected to the main page. In addition if the modal panel is closed and its related button is clicked again, this time the modal panel is shown on time...

The applet is not shown in the modal panel. It is in the base page and it is made invisible by using this code sample , we want it to run as a standalone application at the background.. The applet is loaded when each base page is rendered.

Thanks for your reply.

Leo van den Berg wrote on Nov 12, 2010 10:58:

Hi,

Can you give a bit more info, because we would like to see more on the invisble applet.

• Are you using the standard Rich:modalpanel or the prime one or another type?

• Do you intend to show the applet in the modalPanel ?

etc.

Leo

Click HELP for text formatting instructions. Then edit this text and check the preview.

• 4. Re: JAVA INVISIBLE APPLET NOT WORKING WITH RICH:MODALPANEL
                lvdberg

Hi,

It isn't clear why it takes so long to render the modalpanel the first time. You could check what is exactly loaded/rendered, because it only happens the first time. Are you rerendering partially or reloading each time you do/press/click something? Maybe it's conflicting with one of thes settings of ModalPanel: domElementAttachment?

I some ocassions I use the PrimeFaces LightBox component. You can use it in iFrame mode, which basically means you're using another view while you're still using the same backing beans (in conversations scope).

Not much help here, but it is strange behaviour.

Leo