This happens in the following cases:
1) There is no h:message(s) to show the faces message.
2) The message is added in ajax request but the h:message(s) tag is not refreshed.
3) The message is added and redirect is performed after that which causes the faces messages to be destroyed (they're request scoped) and the user can't see them.
1) Put h:messages on the form and see if the message is shown.
2) Surround the h:message(s) tag with <a4j:outputPanel ajaxRendered=
3) Use StatusMessages seam component which keeps the messages in conversation context allowing them to survive a redirect.
thanks for ur reply.. but there is no such tag in my JSF <a4j:outputPanel ajaxRendered="true">. what should i do ..
Which of the 3 is your case?
thanks for ur reeply sir. 1 is my situation..
iam getting situation 3 can u guide me....