0 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2011 9:42 PM by tulsidas

ManyToMany with join table

tulsidas

Hi. I don't know if this is more a Seam issue or a Hibernate issue

I have a many-to-many relationship between Restaurant and Service.

The join table has 3 fields:

RESTAURANT_SERVICE_ID
      RESTAURANT_ID
      SERVICE_ID

I cannot change the structure of the table, yet the mappings between the Restaurant and Service classes works fine

The problem shows up when I try to edit the services a resturant has, for example:

<h:selectManyCheckbox id="rServices" value="#{restaurantHome.instance.services}">
        <s:selectItems value="#{serviceList.resultList}" var="service" label="#{service.name}" />
        <s:convertEntity />
      </h:selectManyCheckbox>

This shows the current services fine, but when I try to edit it, it won't insert properly the join table: the generated query doesn't take into account the RESTAURANT_SERVICE_ID (the PK), hence failing the transaction, like this:

22:30:57,837 INFO  [STDOUT] Hibernate: 
          insert 
          into
              RESTAURANT_SERVICE (RESTAURANT_ID, SERVICE_ID) 
          values
              (?, ?)
      Caused by: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("RESTAURANT_SERVICE"."RESTAURANT_SERVICE_ID")

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwBatchUpdateException(DatabaseError.java:343)
           at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeBatch(OraclePreparedStatement.java:10657)
           at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedStatement.executeBatch(WrappedStatement.java:774)
           at org.hibernate.jdbc.BatchingBatcher.doExecuteBatch(BatchingBatcher.java:70)
           at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.executeBatch(AbstractBatcher.java:268)
           ... 98 more

Is there any workaround for this? Or should I have to add those in custom code?

Thanks

Andrés