Few days I have been trying to get something going using JBPM 5.2. Not a great experience
I began to run the Evaluation.bpmn sample. Well was good.
Then I created a Process definition and Deployed it to JBPM console using JBoss.
My trouble started
1) JBoss was too slow in my PC hence wanted to move to jbpm console project to tomcat...Not so easy...Not at all possible
2) My process is working fine. But to get there was rough. The eclipse editor doesnt show any parameter mapping issues etc and need to wait until it gets deployed and the server log shows the problem. Wastes lot of time.
3) If you update the bpmn file, and overwrite to the jbpm.console.directory, it doesnt reflect the chnages. Need to restart JBoss always. Very painful.
4) Couldn't see the instance diagram in the console. Hence went to generate png and check into guvnor. THen in the console I click start process instance, comes up with the xml file[bpmn file] and doesnt start a process instance.
5) try deleting the file from guvnor using eclipse and then try to add it again. Eclipse shows resource already exists in guvnor.
6) Poor online documentation and no public books available yet.
I am not too sure why is it so problematic even at the initial steps. Has anybody had such a bad experience with JBPM 5.2.?
Or someone can you please advise on the above problems I have faced.