Hi Adam, we recently added data input editors to designer which help a lot with what you are trying to do. Please replace your war with ones found at people.redhat.com/tsurdilo/designer/master (which is where we place the wars with fixed/new features that will make it into 2.1 version). Make sure you clear your browser cache before editing your process after the war upgrade.
Regarding missing attributes, please raise a jBPM Jira (Designer component) and I'll look at it asap.
Hope this helps.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Regarding the on entry/exit actions of domain specific work items, they will be shown if you switch the type of your work item to the default task type.
So the procedure would be to insert a domain specific work item and populate its attributes, then switch its type to default task the on entry/exit attrs will be presented, populate them and then switch the type back to your domain specific work item. Although a bit hacky it seems to work. However my opinion is to use script tasks before and after instead of the on entry/exit, since they are visible directly on the diagram and more clear to the reviewer.
I haven't migrated to latest realease of designer yet to try it out, however i think it will probably work the same way.
@Chris that helped alot! thx for reply!
@Tihomir Than You very much Tihomir! I'm looking forward to get this new update:)
I have few more questions/issues regarding designer:
1. Exporting as PDF/PNG/etc doesnt work... it says it cant find
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.logging.Log from [Module "deployment.designer.war:main" from Service Module Loader]
2. I can't change the length of Swimlanes only height, which limits me alot.
3. Another issue with lanes... designer has some problem with lanes... some times designer thinks the lane is shorter and when you try to connect items in the lane it shows that this is impossible. But when you try to connect items closer to the beginning it works, there is clearly a point from begining of lane from where you cant connect independent elements. This also has something to do with the fact that when You change height of the lane, than its length is like trimmed to the end of visible screen... many issues here.
4. Last thing which is not actualy a bug but more a big ergonomics issue. Designer is in some frame which has scrollers bacouse designer is bigger than this frame/div. and in designer area of diagram itself has also scrollers so many times you have to scroll many times different srollers to get to the point in diagram You wont to see... Designer fram should fit the visible screen with no scrollers and the designer itself can have cropllers for tools sidebars and process area.
Could You tell me which of these are already reported/recognized issues and which are to be reported or already fixed?
1. There was a reported bug for png/pdf creation with version 2.0 (search this forum). Until version 2.1 is released onto sourceforge I would recommend using war from people.redhat.com/tsurdilo/designer/master as that issue is fixed there (and many more ).
2,3,4 Please raise Jiras. You can do a quick Jira search to see if anything exists but I would rather have duplicate entries than none at all.
I have already deployed new guvnor version and it truly solves many issues!
Is there any documencation/tutorial on how to assign values with those new editors? If there is non I'll simply start experimenting.
No, not yet. Will be done for the 2.1 release. Almost all input editors are pretty self-intuitive. The data association editor is the only one where some help might be needed so let me know. If you want to help with the docs after experimenting/using that would be greatly appreciated
Ofc I'll do my best but I'm affraid that my english and knowledge of designer and bpmn2 xml arent good enough for creating docs for anyone;D
But still the authors of those editors are best experts in specifyling how ti works:D
Hehe no problem, I'll add soon, but know that we are all in the same boat - none of us are native english speakers