6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2012 4:24 AM by jaikiran pai

Server to remote Server

qqq qqqq Newbie

Hi,

I tried to connect one server to another via ejb following the example in:    https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/EJB+invocations+from+a+remote+server+instance.

The only difference is that we do not use localhost - we use a two fix ips.

I get:

Failed to start service jboss.ejb3.dd-based-ejb-client-context."Inventory.Sync.ear": org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.ejb3.dd-based-ejb-client-context."Inventory.Sync.ear": Failed to start service

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1767) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) [rt.jar:1.6.0_27]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) [rt.jar:1.6.0_27]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) [rt.jar:1.6.0_27]

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: Authentication failed: all available authentication mechanisms failed

Can you help me?

• 1. Re: Server to remote Server
          jaikiran pai Master

What do your configurations (on  both servers) and the jboss-ejb-client.xml look like?

• 2. Re: Server to remote Server
            qqq qqqq Newbie

Hi Jaikiran,

Here the Client Server:

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:remoting:1.1">

<connector name="remoting-connector" socket-binding="remoting" security-realm="ApplicationRealm"/>

<outbound-connections>

<remote-outbound-connection name="remote-ejb-connection" outbound-socket-binding-ref="remote-ejb">

<properties>

<property name="SASL_POLICY_NOANONYMOUS" value="false"/>

<property name="SSL_ENABLED" value="false"/>

</properties>

</remote-outbound-connection>

</outbound-connections>

</subsystem>

<outbound-socket-binding name="remote-ejb">

<remote-destination host="10.0.41.223" port="4647"/>

</outbound-socket-binding>

Here the jboss-ejb-client.xml:

<jboss-ejb-client xmlns="urn:jboss:ejb-client:1.0">

<client-context>

<ejb-receivers>

<remoting-ejb-receiver outbound-connection-ref="remote-ejb-connection"/>

</ejb-receivers>

</client-context>

</jboss-ejb-client>

The Destination server:   Nothing special???

• 3. Re: Server to remote Server
              qqq qqqq Newbie

Hi,

do you need any more information? Is there anything to do with the destination server? In the example there is nothing to do.

Possibly we need some authentication features, if we don't use localhost?

• 4. Re: Server to remote Server
                jaikiran pai Master

I'm looking into it to update that documentation with an example.

• 5. Re: Server to remote Server
                  qqq qqqq Newbie

Hi Jaikiran,

I don't want to annoy you, but can you tell us, when you can update the example?

• 6. Re: Server to remote Server
                    jaikiran pai Master

qqq qqqq wrote:

Hi Jaikiran,

I don't want to annoy you, but can you tell us, when you can update the example?

You're definitely not annoying me. Updating this doc is on my highest priority list right now, as I mentioned here https://community.jboss.org/thread/196312?tstart=0