1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 13, 2012 9:06 AM by galder.zamarreno

Hotrod Server rolling upgrade from 5.1.1 to 5.1.2

gerbszt

Hi,

I'm trying to perform a rolling upgrade of Hotrod Server from 5.1.1.FINAL to 5.1.2.FINAL. Unfortunately, I get an exception:

Failed to boot JBoss:
      org.infinispan.CacheException: Unable to invoke method private void org.infinispan.statetransfer.BaseStateTransferManagerImpl.start() throws 
      java.lang.Exception on object 
              at org.infinispan.util.ReflectionUtil.invokeAccessibly(ReflectionUtil.java:238)
              at org.infinispan.factories.AbstractComponentRegistry$PrioritizedMethod.invoke(AbstractComponentRegistry.java:882)
              at org.infinispan.factories.AbstractComponentRegistry.invokeStartMethods(AbstractComponentRegistry.java:637)
              at org.infinispan.factories.AbstractComponentRegistry.internalStart(AbstractComponentRegistry.java:626)
              at org.infinispan.factories.AbstractComponentRegistry.start(AbstractComponentRegistry.java:530)
              at org.infinispan.factories.ComponentRegistry.start(ComponentRegistry.java:173)
              at org.infinispan.CacheImpl.start(CacheImpl.java:499)
      (...)
      Caused by: java.io.EOFException: Read past end of file
              at org.jboss.marshalling.SimpleDataInput.eofOnRead(SimpleDataInput.java:126)
              at org.jboss.marshalling.SimpleDataInput.readUnsignedByteDirect(SimpleDataInput.java:263)
              at org.jboss.marshalling.SimpleDataInput.readUnsignedByte(SimpleDataInput.java:224)
              at org.jboss.marshalling.river.RiverUnmarshaller.doReadObject(RiverUnmarshaller.java:209)
              at org.jboss.marshalling.AbstractObjectInput.readObject(AbstractObjectInput.java:37)
      (...)

I'm curious whether it is possible at all? Has anyone managed to join 5.1.2 node to 5.1.1 cluster?

I've added configuration file and two log files from running and joining node.