Hi - New TEIID user here - I'm working through the Getting Started Parts example in 7.6 and I 'm having trouble accessing my data source SQL Server 2008 through the TEIID designer. Here's my progress so far
- I've installed the sqljdbc and sqljdbc4 jar files in the lib folder
- I've been able to import the XML mode files
- I've genereted the DDL and created the database and tables in SQL Server
- I've imported the data files
- In the data base perspective I am able to connect to the database and perform SQL queries
- My problem is that in the TEIID designer perspective I can't preview the data. I receive the following error in the log file
Remote org.teiid.core.TeiidProcessingException: PartsSourceA: Unable to get managed connection for PREVIEW_6ef63fa4-46b9-4c98-b3a4-cfb919f62f54_PartsProject_PartsSourceA; - nested throwable: (javax.resource.ResourceException: Unable to get managed connection for PREVIEW_6ef63fa4-46b9-4c98-b3a4-cfb919f62f54_PartsProject_PartsSourceA.
aused by: org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.6 is not supported by this driver. Use the sqljdbc4.jar class library, which provides support for JDBC 4.0.)
... 20 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.6 is not supported by this driver. Use the sqljdbc4.jar class library, which provides support for JDBC 4.0.
I ran into this error when I first created the driver definition : Windows --> Preferences --> Data Management --> Connectivity --> Driver Definitions. So I changed the JAR list for that definition to point to the sqljdbc4 file.
So where do I specify that TEIID connections use a different jar file?