2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2012 10:30 PM by shahinaskari

EJB invocations from a remote server instance without standalone.xml changes

shahinaskari

Hi guys,

I have seen lots of threads talking about portable programatic API to call remote EJBs and I'm not sure I understood whether one exists.  Can you please confirm whether there is now a non-jboss specific API (JNDI only) to do secure EJB invocations from a client and would that API be also available in a JBoss instance to allow invocations to another?  Ideally we would like to write our code in a simple portable way and we have the use case to invoke EJBs from a stand alone client as well as from EJBs in other servers.

The following article talks about very specific point to point configuration in the server config file:

https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/EJB+invocations+from+a+remote+server+instance

Ideally I would like to avoid this type of config, at least make use of the jboss-ejb-client.properties which works from a stand alone client.  But would this work on the server side and if so how can I use it for some of the lookups without refering to JBoss specific API?