4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2012 10:33 AM by sfcoy

JBoss is not extracting ear file properly

avneesh

hello All,

I am facing an issue during deploymentof an ear file on JBoss AS 7.1. It is not extracting ear file content in tmp folder.Because of this my application is not ruuning.

please help me and guide me that how I should change in my packaging which is readable for jboss.

• 1. Re: JBoss is not extracting ear file properly
          sfcoy

Hi again!

JBoss is not required to extract or unpack it's ear file content in order to deploy and run your application.

Unfortunately, the OpenCMS people have made an incorrect assumption regarding this and that is why you're having issues.

• 2. Re: JBoss is not extracting ear file properly
            avneesh

Unfortunately, the OpenCMS people have made an incorrect assumption regarding this and that is why you're having issues.

it's ok Stephen. Thanks...

• 3. Re: JBoss is not extracting ear file properly
              avneesh

Are you very sure Stephen that opencms is not able to run with jboss? I am just confirming it becuase I am able to run opencms setup on JBoss 4.2 and 5.0 with doing very nominal changes in some files. It is giving errors with version above 5.0 , means may be there are some error/bug in jboss 6 or 7 for opencms.

• 4. Re: JBoss is not extracting ear file properly
                sfcoy

Avneesh Sisodia wrote:

... I am just confirming it becuase I am able to run opencms setup on JBoss 4.2 and 5.0 with doing very nominal changes in some files. ...

This is a happy accident.

You *might* be able to get away with an exploded deployment (put the unpacked war file in the deployments directory). I don't use exploded deployments so I'm not sure.