Definitively today I made some progress. Removed conflicting Java 1.6 and installed a fresh 1.7u4, and rebuilt on jbpm 5.3. Interesting is that I cannot found the "server" folder where to find the logs. Now I see after typing "ant start.demo", an error message like "JBOSS AS cannot start after 5 minutes". Looked ino the community and one advice was to set the env var JaVA_HOME to <install dir>\bin. So the conpilation was going fine and stil the AS cannot start.
Now my JBPM is working... what I did?
- turned OFF the Windows XP built in firewall
- removed Norton Protection software (as new java.exe were stopped by the Nortyon firewall)
- removed a conflicting Java 1.6 instance
- installed fresh JDK 1.7u4
- installed jBPM 5.3
- ran ant install.demo
- adjusted env var JAVA_HOME to C:\Archivos de programa\Java\jdk1.7.0_04 (no bin folder)
- added C:\Archivos de programa\Java\jdk1.7.0_04\bin to PATH
- ran ant start.demo.noeclipse
- removed from folder standalone\deployments the *war*.failed files
- ran standalone.bat (not double cliking on it, on a cmd console, typed in the command)
Hope this helps and feel free to contact me at email@example.com
Thanks all from the JBoss community who posted discussion topics about this install.