2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2012 2:04 AM by carlos.crosetti

Deplyments are not startingm JBPM 5.3, Java 1.6, WinXP SP3

carlos.crosetti

This is continuation of "

Re: Failed to launch the jbpm-console  

Mostlikely it is due to Java 1.7, try with 1.6. If that won't make any difference check server.log as this seems to indicate applications were not deployed properly.

HTH"

I am inw loaded and build with Java 6, I found the logs and from the boot.log is fine, the server.log shows errors and the deplyments never start, plese review the enclosed files. The build process was smooth and starighforward.

• 1. Re: Deplyments are not startingm JBPM 5.3, Java 1.6, WinXP SP3
          carlos.crosetti

Definitively today I made some progress. Removed conflicting Java 1.6 and installed a fresh 1.7u4, and rebuilt on jbpm 5.3. Interesting is that I cannot found the "server" folder where to find the logs. Now I see after typing "ant start.demo", an error message like "JBOSS AS cannot start after 5 minutes". Looked ino the community and one advice was to set the env var JaVA_HOME to <install dir>\bin. So the conpilation was going fine and stil the AS cannot start.

• 2. Re: Deplyments are not startingm JBPM 5.3, Java 1.6, WinXP SP3
            carlos.crosetti

Now my JBPM is working... what I did?

- turned OFF the Windows XP built in firewall

- removed Norton Protection software (as  new java.exe were stopped by the Nortyon firewall)

- removed a conflicting Java 1.6 instance

- installed  fresh JDK 1.7u4

- installed jBPM 5.3

- ran ant install.demo

- adjusted env var JAVA_HOME to C:\Archivos de programa\Java\jdk1.7.0_04  (no bin folder)

- added C:\Archivos de programa\Java\jdk1.7.0_04\bin to PATH

- ran ant start.demo.noeclipse

(when finished...)

- removed from folder standalone\deployments the *war*.failed files

- ran standalone.bat (not double cliking on it, on a cmd console, typed in the command)

Hope this helps and feel free to contact me at carlos.crosetti@gmail.com

Thanks all from the JBoss community who posted discussion topics about this install.