3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2012 9:21 AM by mac2009

Problem with JNDI-Name lookup (EJB 2.1; migration from 4.0.5.GA to 7.1.1.Final)

mac2009

Hello,

i have read infos like https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/How+do+I+migrate+my+application+from+AS5+or+AS6+to+AS7?_sscc=t

but I still can't find the right configuration for the EJB JNDI names.

Example:

JBoss 4.0.5 JNDI name looks like jndi-name="authob/SecuritiesOB"

When deploying the ear JBoss 7.1.1 lists the following JNDI bindings

java:global/MyAppCMP-extern/myApp-ejb-4.3.0-SNAPSHOT/SecuritiesOB!com.customer.myApp.authob.interfaces.SecuritiesOBHome

java:app/myApp-ejb-4.3.0-SNAPSHOT/SecuritiesOB!com.customer.myApp.authob.interfaces.SecuritiesOBHome

java:module/SecuritiesOB!com.customer.myApp.authob.interfaces.SecuritiesOBHome

java:jboss/exported/MyAppCMP-extern/myApp-ejb-4.3.0-SNAPSHOT/SecuritiesOB!com.customer.myApp.authob.interfaces.SecuritiesOBHome

java:global/MyAppCMP-extern/myApp-ejb-4.3.0-SNAPSHOT/SecuritiesOB!com.customer.myApp.authob.interfaces.SecuritiesOBLocalHome

java:app/myApp-ejb-4.3.0-SNAPSHOT/SecuritiesOB!com.customer.myApp.authob.interfaces.SecuritiesOBLocalHome

java:module/SecuritiesOB!com.customer.myApp.authob.interfaces.SecuritiesOBLocalHome

java:global/MyAppCMP-extern/myApp-ejb-4.3.0-SNAPSHOT/SecuritiesOB!com.customer.myApp.authob.interfaces.SecuritiesOBLocal

java:app/myApp-ejb-4.3.0-SNAPSHOT/SecuritiesOB!com.customer.myApp.authob.interfaces.SecuritiesOBLocal

java:module/SecuritiesOB!com.customer.myApp.authob.interfaces.SecuritiesOBLocal

java:global/MyAppCMP-extern/myApp-ejb-4.3.0-SNAPSHOT/SecuritiesOB!com.customer.myApp.authob.interfaces.SecuritiesOB

java:app/myApp-ejb-4.3.0-SNAPSHOT/SecuritiesOB!com.customer.myApp.authob.interfaces.SecuritiesOB

java:module/SecuritiesOB!com.customer.myApp.authob.interfaces.SecuritiesOB

java:jboss/exported/MyAppCMP-extern/myApp-ejb-4.3.0-SNAPSHOT/SecuritiesOB!com.customer.myApp.authob.interfaces.SecuritiesOB

Only the last JNDI binding (java:jboss/exported/...) works.

I guess the binding java:module/... should work as well or lets say, I would prefer to use this one.

Maybe a problem of ear packaging?

How does the ear packaging/structure should look like?

EAR:

Contains the ejb.jar and web.war. All other libs are packaged to the lib folder. Manifest classpath entry has same structure.

JAR (EJBs; interfaces and descriptors generated with xdoclet):

META-INF: Empty manifest, jboss.xml (ignored), jbosscmp-jdbc.xml (any migration issue???) and ejb-jar.xml

WAR:

Manifest classpath entry contains ejb.jar and several other libs.

WEB-INF/lib: heaps of libs

Do you need more information in detail?

Cheers

Carsten