6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2012 9:38 AM by Gerald Weber

Management core API - hangs

Gerald Weber Newbie

Hi,

what coul be the reason that this code hangs at "ClientMessage reply = requestor.request(m);"

{code}

requestor = new ClientRequestor(session,ConfigurationImpl.DEFAULT_MANAGEMENT_ADDRESS);

ClientMessage m = session.createMessage(false);

ManagementHelper.putAttribute(m, ResourceNames.CORE_QUEUE+q, "countMessages");

//ManagementHelper.putOperationInvocation(m, ResourceNames.CORE_QUEUE+q, "listMessageCounter");

//ManagementHelper.putOperationInvocation(m, ResourceNames.CORE_QUEUE+q, "countMessages");

ClientMessage reply = requestor.request(m);

int count = (Integer) ManagementHelper.getResult(reply);

{code}

It's basically taken from the documentation, chapter 30.3

• 1. Re: Management core API - hangs
          Jeff Mesnil Master

Gerald Weber wrote:

Hi,

what coul be the reason that this code hangs at "ClientMessage reply = requestor.request(m);"

{code}

ManagementHelper.putAttribute(m, ResourceNames.CORE_QUEUE+q, "countMessages");

{code}

It's basically taken from the documentation, chapter 30.3

"countMessage" is an operation, not an attribute. Try with the "messageCount" attribute instead.

In any case, it should still have sent a message telling you that there is no such attribute.

Could you copy the log / stack trace in HornetQ server logs?

thanks

• 2. Re: Management core API - hangs
            Gerald Weber Newbie

Hi,

yes,sorry, i tried around with different attributes.

i had "messageCount" before but that doesnt change anything.

i dont have any logs, i'm using an embedded server with core api only and the call hangs at ..request.. forever without any error

When i change putattribute to  "ManagementHelper.putOperationInvocation(m, ResourceNames.CORE_QUEUE+q, "countMessages");"

(as in the queuecontrolusingcoretest.java) i get

Warnung: exception while invoking countMessages on core.queue.jms.queue.hornetq.management.c46c197e-d25c-422b-a14f-000f528ec641

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: no operation countMessages/0

• 3. Re: Management core API - hangs
              Justin Bertram Master

You should probabaly call session.start().  I think the documentation left that out.

• 4. Re: Management core API - hangs
                Gerald Weber Newbie

Jesus, thats it..thanks Justin !

Now i have to find out why ManagementHelper.putOperationInvocation(m, ResourceNames.CORE_QUEUE+q, "listMessages"); says "no operation listMessages/0"...

• 5. Re: Management core API - hangs
                  Jeff Mesnil Master

Gerald Weber wrote:

Jesus, thats it..thanks Justin !

Now i have to find out why ManagementHelper.putOperationInvocation(m, ResourceNames.CORE_QUEUE+q, "listMessages"); says "no operation listMessages/0"...

The error message is cryptic It means that HornetQ couldn't find a listMessages with 0 parameters. Indeed, looking at the javadoc, you must pass a filter (or null or "" to list all messages).

ManagementHelper.putOperationInvocation(m, ResourceNames.CORE_QUEUE+q, "listMessages", null);

should do the trick

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Management core API - hangs
                    Gerald Weber Newbie

thanks again,works now !