1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2012 11:30 PM by johanvermeij

org.infinispan.CacheException: org.jgroups.TimeoutException: timeout sending message to

johanvermeij

I am testing clustering using JBoss 7.1.1 with a master and 2 slaves.

I am doing this in preparation for use in a production environment.

All machines run in domain mode.

The master is HP Proliant miniserver under Centos 6 64 bit.

This machine has 8Gb RAM.

It runs:

httpd mod_cluster load balancer

JBoss 7.1.1 master instance

Oracle 11g database

Slave 1 is a Linux PC under Centos 6 64 bit.

This machine has 4Gb RAM.

It runs:

JBoss 7.1.1 slave instance.

Slave 2 is an iMac under Mac OS.

This machine has 4Gb or RAM

It runs:

JBoss 7.1.1 slave instance.

mod_cluster is working fine, mod_cluster manager does not report any irregularities.

I use a jmeter injector to put load on the system but even when I use 2 terminals and hold the enter key down I get the problem described below.

With the master running as the only cluster member everything is OK and processing is very fast.

As soon as I bring up a slave I see the following symptoms:

1) The Oracle database seems to be locking up. The Oracle DBA who had a look at this defines the locking as a symptom of a problem in the JBoss configuration.

2) I see Infinispan/Hibernate/JGroups timeout related errors and warnings on both server and slave(2)

-------------------------------------------------

12:47:35,056 ERROR [org.infinispan.interceptors.InvocationContextInterceptor] (ajp-VBSHPServer-192.168.2.12-8259-35) ISPN000136: Execution error: org.infinispan.CacheException: org.jgroups.TimeoutException: timeout sending message to slave2:server-three-slave-PC/hibernate

12:47:35,298 ERROR [com.vantage.capital.service.xml.XMLTranServiceBean] (ajp-VBSHPServer-192.168.2.12-8259-35) DDF0002,CashWithdrawal:EXCP:org.hibernate.cache.CacheException: org.hibernate.cache.CacheException: org.infinispan.CacheException: org.jgroups.TimeoutException: timeout sending message to slave2:server-three-slave-PC/hibernate; org.hibernate.cache.CacheException: org.hibernate.cache.CacheException: org.infinispan.CacheException: org.jgroups.TimeoutException: timeout sending message to slave2:server-three-slave-PC/hibernate; org.hibernate.cache.CacheException: org.infinispan.CacheException: org.jgroups.TimeoutException: timeout sending message to slave2:server-three-slave-PC/hibernate; org.infinispan.CacheException: org.jgroups.TimeoutException: timeout sending message to slave2:server-three-slave-PC/hibernate

12:47:04,898 WARN  [org.jboss.modules] (ajp-VBSHPServer-192.168.2.12-8259-47) Failed to define class org.infinispan.remoting.transport.jgroups.JGroupsTransport in Module "deployment.Capital.ear:main" from Service Module Loader: java.lang.LinkageError: Failed to link org/infinispan/remoting/transport/jgroups/JGroupsTransport (Module "deployment.Capital.ear:main" from Service Module Loader)

12:47:04,981 WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna] (ajp-VBSHPServer-192.168.2.12-8259-47) ARJUNA012127: TwoPhaseCoordinator.afterCompletion - returned failure for SynchronizationImple< 0:ffffc0a8020c:-565e6ad8:5039b6cc:449, org.hibernate.engine.transaction.synchronization.internal.RegisteredSynchronization@23ca25c4 >

12:47:19,765 WARN  [org.jboss.modules] (ajp-VBSHPServer-192.168.2.12-8259-29) Failed to define class org.infinispan.remoting.transport.jgroups.CommandAwareRpcDispatcher in Module "deployment.Capital.ear:main" from Service Module Loader: java.lang.LinkageError: Failed to link org/infinispan/remoting/transport/jgroups/CommandAwareRpcDispatcher (Module "deployment.Capital.ear:main" from Service Module Loader)

-------------------------------------------------

I have Googled what I could find and I have tried many things, all to no avail.

I attached httpd.conf, domain.xml, master host.xml, slave host.xml and master and slave server logs.

Your advise is much appreaciated.

1 2 Previous Next