2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2012 2:35 PM by mashama

JNDI Lookup Issues on Startup

mashama

I am trying to put together a proof of concept SwitchYard application for my company.  I know it is still pretty early in the SwitchYard development cycle but I couldn't help but try to sell them on standardizing on JBoss technologies including the likes of SwitchYard for our SOA aspirations.  Sounds kinda silly ... but I like standardizing on top of standards.  That being said I am having some JNDI lookup issues on startup and am in need of some insight/perspective/help to address this issue.  I have attached a compressed archive of the project and you will find the stacktrace below.

Thanks,

Mashama

11:54:59,123 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-7) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."ChartServicesSwitchYardPOC.jar".SwitchYardService: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."ChartServicesSwitchYardPOC.jar".SwitchYardService: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error looking up java:comp/env/com.chp.valuequest.controller.chart.impl.AgeAndGenderChart/barBarChart in JNDI

at org.switchyard.as7.extension.services.SwitchYardService.start(SwitchYardService.java:79)

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) [rt.jar:1.6.0_29]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) [rt.jar:1.6.0_29]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) [rt.jar:1.6.0_29]

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error looking up java:comp/env/com.chp.valuequest.controller.chart.impl.AgeAndGenderChart/barBarChart in JNDI

at org.jboss.weld.injection.spi.helpers.AbstractResourceServices.resolveResource(AbstractResourceServices.java:51)

at org.jboss.weld.util.Beans.injectEEFields(Beans.java:644)

at org.jboss.weld.bean.ManagedBean$ManagedBeanInjectionTarget$1$1.proceed(ManagedBean.java:160)

at org.jboss.weld.injection.InjectionContextImpl.run(InjectionContextImpl.java:48)

at org.jboss.weld.bean.ManagedBean$ManagedBeanInjectionTarget$1.work(ManagedBean.java:157)

at org.jboss.weld.bean.ManagedBean$FixInjectionPoint.run(ManagedBean.java:131)

at org.jboss.weld.bean.ManagedBean$ManagedBeanInjectionTarget.inject(ManagedBean.java:153)

at org.jboss.weld.bean.ManagedBean.create(ManagedBean.java:293)

at org.jboss.weld.context.unbound.DependentContextImpl.get(DependentContextImpl.java:61)

at org.jboss.weld.manager.BeanManagerImpl.getReference(BeanManagerImpl.java:620)

at org.jboss.weld.manager.BeanManagerImpl.getReference(BeanManagerImpl.java:647)

at org.switchyard.component.bean.deploy.CDIBeanServiceDescriptor.getHandler(CDIBeanServiceDescriptor.java:86)

at org.switchyard.component.bean.deploy.BeanComponentActivator.activateService(BeanComponentActivator.java:74)

at org.switchyard.deploy.internal.Deployment.deployImplementations(Deployment.java:459)

at org.switchyard.deploy.internal.Deployment.start(Deployment.java:140)

at org.switchyard.as7.extension.deployment.SwitchYardDeployment.start(SwitchYardDeployment.java:106)

at org.switchyard.as7.extension.services.SwitchYardService.start(SwitchYardService.java:72)

... 5 more

Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: env/com.chp.valuequest.controller.chart.impl.AgeAndGenderChart/barBarChart -- service jboss.naming.context.java.module.ChartServicesSwitchYardPOC.ChartServicesSwitchYardPOC.env."com.chp.valuequest.controller.chart.impl.AgeAndGenderChart".barBarChart

at org.jboss.as.naming.ServiceBasedNamingStore.lookup(ServiceBasedNamingStore.java:97)

at org.jboss.as.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:178)

at org.jboss.as.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:123)

at org.jboss.as.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:214)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392) [rt.jar:1.6.0_29]

at org.jboss.weld.injection.spi.helpers.AbstractResourceServices.resolveResource(AbstractResourceServices.java:47)

... 21 more

11:54:59,149 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (MSC service thread 1-1) JBAS015951: Admin console listening on http://127.0.0.1:9990

11:54:59,150 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS015871: Deploy of deployment "postgresql-9.1-901.jdbc4.jar" was rolled back with no failure message

11:54:59,151 ERROR [org.jboss.as] (MSC service thread 1-1) JBAS015875: JBoss AS 7.1.1.Final "Brontes" started (with errors) in 58470ms - Started 192 of 274 services (1 services failed or missing dependencies, 78 services are passive or on-demand)

11:54:59,152 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS015870: Deploy of deployment "ChartServicesSwitchYardPOC.jar" was rolled back with failure message {"JBAS014671: Failed services" => {"jboss.deployment.unit.\"ChartServicesSwitchYardPOC.jar\".SwitchYardService" => "org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit.\"ChartServicesSwitchYardPOC.jar\".SwitchYardService: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error looking up java:comp/env/com.chp.valuequest.controller.chart.impl.AgeAndGenderChart/barBarChart in JNDI"}}

11:54:59,160 INFO  [org.jboss.weld.deployer] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBAS016009: Stopping weld service for deployment ChartServicesSwitchYardPOC.jar

11:54:59,166 INFO  [org.jboss.as.jpa] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBAS011403: Stopping Persistence Unit Service 'ChartServicesSwitchYardPOC.jar#ChartServicesSwitchYardPOC'

11:54:59,186 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-6) JBAS015877: Stopped deployment postgresql-9.1-901.jdbc4.jar in 35ms

11:54:59,186 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-1) JBAS015877: Stopped deployment ChartServicesSwitchYardPOC.jar in 33ms

• 1. Re: JNDI Lookup Issues on Startup
          rcernich

Hey Mashama,

I'm not a JEE expert, but I don't see where a resource with that name is declared.  (I can only assume you've got things configured correctly.)

That said, here are a couple things you could try:

• Remove @Resource.  I believe CDI (weld) will inject your implementation.
          • Change to @Reference, which will cause SwitchYard to inject the corresponding SwitchYard service.

Hope that helps.

Rob

• 2. Re: JNDI Lookup Issues on Startup
            mashama

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your help. That was an impeccable catch with your eye there.  I meant for that to be @Reference the whole time.  

Regards,

Mashama