1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 26, 2013 2:55 PM by javacoryd

Upgrade to RichFaces 4.2.2 Final <rich:dataTable> with <rich:dataScroller>, extra row

javacoryd

We are upgrading our application from RichFaces 3 to 4.2.2 Final and we are having an issue with an extra row being appended to the bottom of the <rich:dataTable> we didn't have before.  The dataScroller then renders below that extra row.  When looking at the generated html, the extra row renders as such:

<tbody id="myForm:myTable:sc">

<tr>

<td style="display: none;">

<script type="text/javascript">

new RichFaces.ui.DataTable("myForm:myTable",{"ajaxEventOptions":{} } )

</script>

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

It does end up looking like an empty row on the UI and I was wondering if there is any way to hide this?

Thanks!

Cory.

• 1. Re: Upgrade to RichFaces 4.2.2 Final <rich:dataTable> with <rich:dataScroller>, extra row
          javacoryd

So, I did figure this one out if anyone is interested.

Again, we are upgrading from Richfaces 3 to 4.  With the rendering of this table, Richfaces 4 is putting a "hidden" row on the end of the table to embed the javascript call.  Richfaces 3 must have not done it this way.  What caused this issue was the fact that we had styled the rows of the datatable to have a specific height.  This caused the "hidden" row to look as if it were being rendered because it was also being set to this height.  I removed the styling of the row height and now the "hidden" row is truely hidden.

Cory.