5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2013 10:36 AM by ashpcs

configure my persistance provider in jbpm

fachhoch

My applcaiton uses hibernate for persisitance and we dont use JPA, we use hibernate direcly, JBPM comes with JPA persistance, is there a way to configure jbpm to use my   persistance ?

is there an interface which  I can implement  and register it  so jBPM will use my persitance provider ?

I need jBMP for simple state persistance ,my app right now uses OSWORKFLOW where I can configure my persistance provider, whihc could be plain jdbc or spring etc.

Please advice.

• 1. Re: configure my persistance provider in jbpm
          fachhoch

Please advice me,  my application is an old application it uses hibernate for its persistance    just the jpa annotations.

My base dao  extends HibernateDaoSupport   and  I save my entites using getSessionFactory().getCurrentSession().save(entity);

do I have to  use JPA for jbpm persistance? is there any way we can provide custom DAO  for jbpm ?

All jbpm tables will be in one database along with my application tables ,and I want jbpm to use my exsisting transaction manager, I dont want two phase comit  using  JTA transactions  etc? Is this possible?

I am looking at jbpm for simple worklow stuff, define process definition and persist state in database along with my other tables using one transaction manger.

Also it would be great if I can add  more columns to  any of the jbpm tables  and update the annotated entites?  Please advice.

• 2. Re: configure my persistance provider in jbpm
            fachhoch

Please I need advice, is it possible to use JBPM without  JPA and use my custom persistance mechanisim?   Its an old applciation and all persistance is done through  hibernate and I dont use Entitymanagerfactory to persists my entities.Please advice can I provide my custom Persistance provider ?

and I would like to add my Entity to the ProcessInstance  , please advice .

• 3. Re: configure my persistance provider in jbpm
              ashpcs

Hi Fachhoch,

I think I misundersttod your question when I replied in other thread. 

Basically you will have your business tables and you can communicate with it using hibernate and without using JPA.  JBPM can use JPA and it should not affect your application.

I believe that this should solve your problem.

• 4. Re: configure my persistance provider in jbpm
                fachhoch

Thanks a lot for your reply, I need one more advice, with  transaction manager,  I am using spring ,hibernate and TransactionManager is provided by hibernate, to use   jbpm I will use Spring entitymanagerfactory and   for transactionmanager I guess I have to use the jbmp in built transactionmanager and integrate the two with JTA  are there any tutorials   or articles with examples on doring this? Appreciate your help.

• 5. Re: configure my persistance provider in jbpm
                  ashpcs

You can refer below tutorial link from JBPM  http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.4/userguide/ch.core-persistence.html

Let me know if this helps.