1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 8, 2013 9:26 AM by Wolf-Dieter Fink

[JBoss 5.1 GA & EJB 3.0] configure ejb2-timer-service.xml to support both persistence and non persistence EJB timers

bunty lava Newbie

I want to configure ejb2-timer-service.xml to support both persistence and non persistence timers,

To do this, I have made the following change in the ejb2-timer-service.xml.

- ========================================================================================================================================

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<server>

<mbean code="org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.DatabasePersistencePolicy" name="jboss.ejb:service=EJBTimerService,persistencePolicy=database">

<!-- DataSourceBinding ObjectName -->

<depends optional-attribute-name="DataSource">jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=DefaultDS</depends>

<!-- The plugin that handles database persistence -->

<attribute name="DatabasePersistencePlugin">org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.GeneralPurposeDatabasePersistencePlugin</attribute>

<!-- The timers table name -->

<attribute name="TimersTable">TIMERS</attribute>

<depends>jboss.jdbc:datasource=DefaultDS,service=metadata</depends>

</mbean>

<!-- A retry policy that uses a fixed interval in milli seconds -->

<mbean code="org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.FixedDelayRetryPolicy" name="jboss.ejb:service=EJBTimerService,retryPolicy=fixedDelay">

<attribute name="Delay">100</attribute>

</mbean>

<!-- An EJB Timer Service that is Tx aware -->

<mbean code="org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.EJBTimerServiceImpl"

name="jboss.ejb:service=EJBTimerService">

<attribute name="TimerIdGeneratorClassName">org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.BigIntegerTimerIdGenerator</attribute>

<attribute name="TimedObjectInvokerClassName">org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.TimedObjectInvokerImpl</attribute>

<depends optional-attribute-name="RetryPolicy">jboss.ejb:service=EJBTimerService,retryPolicy=fixedDelay</depends>

<depends optional-attribute-name="PersistencePolicy">jboss.ejb:service=EJBTimerService,persistencePolicy=database</depends>

<depends optional-attribute-name="TransactionManagerFactory" proxy-type="org.jboss.tm.TransactionManagerFactory">

jboss:service=TransactionManager

</depends>   

</mbean>

<!-- MY CHANGE Start -->

<!-- A persistence policy that does not persist the timer->

<mbean code="org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.NoopPersistencePolicy" name="jboss.ejb:service=NoopEJBTimerService,persistencePolicy=noop"/>

<!-- A retry policy that uses a fixed interval in milli seconds -->

<mbean code="org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.FixedDelayRetryPolicy" name="jboss.ejb:service=NoopEJBTimerService,retryPolicy=fixedDelay">

<attribute name="Delay">100</attribute>

</mbean>

<!-- An EJB Timer Service that is noop -->

<mbean code="org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.EJBTimerServiceImpl"

name="jboss.ejb:service=NoopEJBTimerService">

<attribute name="TimerIdGeneratorClassName">org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.BigIntegerTimerIdGenerator</attribute>

<attribute name="TimedObjectInvokerClassName">org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.TimedObjectInvokerImpl</attribute>

<depends optional-attribute-name="RetryPolicy">jboss.ejb:service=NoopEJBTimerService,retryPolicy=fixedDelay</depends>

<depends optional-attribute-name="PersistencePolicy">jboss.ejb:service=NoopEJBTimerService,persistencePolicy=noop</depends>

<depends optional-attribute-name="TransactionManagerFactory" proxy-type="org.jboss.tm.TransactionManagerFactory">

jboss:service=TransactionManager

</depends>   

</mbean>

<!-- MY CHANGE END-->

</server>

========================================================================================================================================

In the EJB class, I have define @Resource annotation for timerservice field with name as jboss.ejb:service=NoopEJBTimerService.

eg :

@Resource(name="jboss.ejb:service=NoopEJBTimerService")

TimerService timerService;

The EJB deployment is successfull, but it is still considering the persistence timer.

On the server console, there is a warning saying

cannot resolve resource: jboss.ejb:service=NoopEJBTimerService

failed to resolve resource jboss.ejb:service=NoopEJBTimerService

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH WHAT I AM DOIN WRONG.

Thanks in advance