1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 8, 2013 12:22 PM by peterj

Jboss Accessible through localhost only not by IP Address after configuring it as a Windows service

nishantvashisht1

Hi,

I have configured Jboss as windows service. But after configuring it, the Jboss only runs on localhost not on the IP Address. I also provided the IP Address in the service.bat file as--

call run.bat -b 10.99.41.164 > run.log

But still it runs only on localhost. I am using Jboss 5.0.1.GA. I am attaching the run.bat and service.bat files.

Please help.

Thanks

Nishant.

• 1. Re: Jboss Accessible through localhost only not by IP Address after configuring it as a Windows service
          peterj

That should be correct and it should have worked (and you should not be able to access via loaclhost). So let's do some debugging. The first thing to do is determine the actual command line used to start JBoss AS. I hope you are running Windows 2008 or later, if you are then you can use Task Manager to view the command line used for each process, look at what command line was used for the java.exe process. If there are multiple java.exe processes, look forthe one that started the AS.

If you have an older version of Windows and Task Manager doesn't display the command line, of if the actual command line is too long to display in Task Manager, get Process Explorer from sysinternals and get the information from there.

What we are looking for it to ensure that the -b x.x.x.x shows up in the command line.